Sizing Margins

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Like TiledBGs, sizing margins will reduce the number of objects u need for create your game

like this:

Red = Edges, Fixed Image

Blue = Borders, Tile/Stretch

Black = Middle, Tile/Stretch

etc..

u setup images/margins like this:

when your resize, it automacally does this

and the possibility of selecting from Tile to Strech mode

i searched and didnt find nothing related to it, so i suggested it

• I've actually thought it would cool if the tiled background could do something like this. Not necessarily stretching anything, but allowing you to choose different tiles for the edges, corners, middle, etc.

• even better would be the ability to have a list of tiles with which random tiles can be chosen for the edge/corner/center pieces!

• yeah, it could tile or stretch the parts, like the Glass frame vista windows,

some parts are better stretched than tiled, but it will stay usefull xD

• Sounds like the beginnings of a level editor. (Actually I would like a level editor built in to Construct. But I don't know how high that is on the priority list.)

• Sounds like the beginnings of a level editor. (Actually I would like a level editor built in to Construct. But I don't know how high that is on the priority list.)

an level editor with tilesets instead of objects? and sizing margins? it would economize A LOT of time in the production. and i think that its an high priority on a game maker

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's actually a tileset object coming up which I've been developing for a while. However, the 'level editor' in it doesn't auto chose tiles for you like RPG maker etc (or this 'margin' idea).

• tilesets will solve the problem of too many sprites, and sizing margins will work like Autotiles in RPG Maker ( if added )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)