Road to 1.0 - what's to be done

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Set of street and road Background to make pixel art game.
  • Hope they fix it. Would be great for construct to be the program behind the next IWBTG.

• Kayin, Is the fps drop limiting? How much does it drop by? If it's a complex cap (with events) then the drop could be due to many reasons. I could have a look if you want.

• It would eventually be debilitating. Anyways the cap has gone around before and no ones been able to come up with anything besides "bug", so I'm just going to wait to hear from David or Ashley.

• kayin

Mind if I take a look at the cap? If it has to do with the runtime I might be able to find the issue.

• Sure thing! I'll PM you everything that I put in the bug tracker so you can get a better idea whats up. I definitely appreciate it, this has been the bane of my existence for awhile now and I'd much rather use Construct than GM.

• Another little note -

every time I update/reinstall, the hints come back.

I understand the need for new installs, but I hope we'll be able to make them go away if you're installing over an old version.

EDIT: Also, can Paste Clone please have a key mapping?

• I just want to say I also think Kayin's problems should be looked into some more. I don't think I had any problems like this when working with my shmup but if I ever expand on it I don't want this to be a problem for me either. Plus having Construct's name on IWBTG would be a pretty big deal.

• Finish the object folders so we can drag object out of them. The Object list gets quite nasty after like 50+ objects.

• Finish the object folders so we can drag object out of them. The Object list gets quite nasty after like 50+ objects.

2nd. Really important one.

• make text tool and zomm in,zoom out buttons (not so convinient to use shortcuts)

• Make tiling easier! 2d game editor without tiling features is nonsense. You wouldn't copy-paste sprites or press Enter if you have a huge level that should consist of thousands tiled sprites.

Just add feature like this, similar to that "drag sprite and press enter" but it should works like brush. I mean, drag sprite, hold some key (shift, etc.) and move mouse over layout - and it will automaticaly fill grid cells with selected sprites.

P.S. Sorry if my English is bad

• Make tiling easier! 2d game editor without tiling features is nonsense. You wouldn't copy-paste sprites or press Enter if you have a huge level that should consist of thousands tiled sprites.

Just add feature like this, similar to that "drag sprite and press enter" but it should works like brush. I mean, drag sprite, hold some key (shift, etc.) and move mouse over layout - and it will automaticaly fill grid cells with selected sprites.

P.S. Sorry if my English is bad

I would love the dev's to check RPG Maker and see how tiling is handled there. Its preety much perfect. And its in use from like 10 years!

• Paste Array?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Construct keeps crashing AFTER I exit it. That doesn't make sense.

Well, yeah, that wasn't especially helpful, but I don't know why it's doing that.

-David

• with the text manipulator the "For Each Substring" appears to not work. That is kind of holding up progress a bit.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)