[Request] RTS Cell Size Options + Toggle Rotate Object

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • The cell size options for the RTS plugin are quite limited. It would be very useful to be able to set custom cell sizes.

It would also be great to have an action to toggle "Rotate Object" at runtime.

• Just to add to the RTS request, it would be nice to be able to get the next node X & Y Position in the RTS movement path.

• The cell size options for the RTS plugin are quite limited. It would be very useful to be able to set custom cell sizes.

It would also be great to have an action to toggle "Rotate Object" at runtime.

Its not much of a work around, but you can add multiple copies of the behavior to the object, and activate/ deactivate them as needed.

Also if you un-tick "Rotate object" you can set the animation angle, or angle as needed as well.

+ System: Start of layout

-> Sprite: Deactivate RTS2 movement

+ System: Always (every tick)

-> Sprite: Set animation angle to Sprite[RTS].MovAngle

Just to add to the RTS request, it would be nice to be able to get the next node X & Y Position in the RTS movement path.

Does it even use nodes? It can either solve the path, or it stops... sometimes dances.

There's "get destination x/y", would that be usable?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm, I didn't think of the multiple instances of RTS. I did think of the movement angle thing, though. The problem is, I'm not exactly sure how RTS plugin works and I don't think it is as simple as that.

From my testing, the Rotate Object option seems to affect how the RTS plugin decides its course. It doesn't seem to be only visual. Otherwise, if I changed the rotation speed, the object wouldn't choose a completely different path. It needs to account for the rotation and the speed of that rotation in how it moves through the path.

I've also seen that depending on the settings chosen, it can be very easy for the object to go crazy or hit into things or get stuck going back and forth in one pattern or all sorts of things. Even at default settings, it isn't immune to problems. Also, if you rotate one of the obstacles, it usually causes big problems with the movement and the path chosen.

Anyone know how the path is actually generated?

BTW, I'm trying to use this for flying enemies in my platformer and besides it not always choosing a very good path, I can never get it to be very smooth either.

• Yeah it wont give the exact same path since it wants to act like a tank.

Either way you might want to use the path behavior.

That with the line of sight behavior, and a node system might work better.

Edit:

The path behavior can be a bit hard to figure out for this. Here's a cap I fooled around with a while back. Never was happy with the way z heights were handled, but the paths are pretty good.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/pplanepaths.cap

• the "get destination x/y" is only the final destination. such as where the mouse was clicked.

the algorithm used to find the rts path on the grid has to have mapped out a path for the object to travel, it just seems there has to be a way of referencing points along that path.

further more it wold be nice to be able to change certain grid locations values to make them more appealing to travel. such as a lower value for roads , or a higher value for mud.

i know you could make a custom A* search algorithm with nodes. but grabbing the info off of the rts movement wold be significantly easier.

• The path movement plugin has rounded paths, what about something similar for the RTS plugin? This would make movement much more natural. By setting the blocked speed to the same as the regular speed, it sometimes moves around corners in a smooth path. The RTS plugin could really be made amazing with some improvements. Maybe a MagicRTS plugin if you get what I mean

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)