Rendering speeds

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • deps: the renderer renders from back-to-front. So if you have a bunch of particles sharing the same texture, so long as they're on the same layer or are at least contiguous in the Z-order, there won't be any texture changing. If you intermingle other textures (say, other particles) in the Z order with a high degree of randomness, you will give the GPU more work since it will keep changing texture. At the moment, Construct makes no such optimisations on its own. It's up to you to organise your Z ordering.

• deps: the renderer renders from back-to-front. So if you have a bunch of particles sharing the same texture, so long as they're on the same layer or are at least contiguous in the Z-order, there won't be any texture changing. If you intermingle other textures (say, other particles) in the Z order with a high degree of randomness, you will give the GPU more work since it will keep changing texture. At the moment, Construct makes no such optimisations on its own. It's up to you to organise your Z ordering.

That's helpful to know for tiled games.

• Regardless of software, I always try and cut corners performance-wise. Good bit of info though

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I should probably add up all these hints and put them on an optimisation page on the wiki or something, heh...

• I should probably add up all these hints and put them on an optimisation page on the wiki or something, heh...

You are creating a personal army... make us do it

Now get back to work!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)