private variables acting like normal parameters

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • I'm not sure how hard this would be, but is it possible to just make private variables act like normal object parameters,

like if you added a private variable hello, to sprite1, like when you double click sprite1,

the same way theres an action to "see x" or "get x", and "set angle" or "get angle", there would just be a "set hello" and "get hello" under the private variable subsection, it would really speed things up. there are few things in awestruct that make me feel daunted or like I'm in for something tedious. projects where I need alot of private variables are one of them. a drop down list of all functions when you 'call' or 'on function' would also be cool, but for some reason I think that would be more annoying to add to constructs inner workings

anyone else that would find this incredibly useful?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Has the potential to get very cluttered really.. I don't see the problem currently myself; allows me to easily change and fiddle with private variables.

• Has the potential to get very cluttered really.. I don't see the problem currently myself; allows me to easily change and fiddle with private variables.

didn't think of it that way

to be honest, the only thing I don't like is having to select a precise string of text, delete, and then type in the variable name, if it was easier to get to the drop down list or something it'd be cool

like if I just doubleclicked if when I typed "sprite1."

the dropdown list comes and I choose, "value"

then immediately the next dropdown would come down, and I'd select it and it'd be done

that's be cool, and when you choose get private variable, through double clicking the sprite and bringing up the list, it would take you to the expression, with the dropdown list already popped out and ready to go

I know it's a small thing, but the rest of construct really makes it so if you do touch the keyboard to type something you'll be using again, that's the last time you're going to type it...know what I mean"?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)