Platform Movement Change

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Run and Jump in 3 Dimensions! Take your platformer to the next level!
  • I know this has been mentioned as a possibility before(just recently, actually), but I just wanted to make sure it doesn't fall off the radar. It would be nice if the platform objects pushed out in the direction it came from rather than straight up. It would greatly help for when an object with the physics movement(that's also solid) intersects it out of the blue and just pushes it straight to the top. Any chance this could be changed soon?

• I agree.

This would be specially helpful with moving platforms.

• agreed

• /sign

• /sign

this would allow me to express object "knockback" (like a character getting knocked slightely backwards when hit by an object without using sloppy physics...)

• this would allow me to express object "knockback" (like a character getting knocked slightely backwards when hit by an object without using sloppy physics...)

That would require some new conditions to be added to the platform behavior. Something like "Object is pushed away" with a dropdown for "From left," "From top," etc.

I think if this method of pushing platform objects away from solids rather than up through solids is implemented, I think "Object is trapped" -> "Horiz," "Vert" would be a useful condition to have. Like it's intersecting on both the left and right and can't be pushed either way. You could make squishing traps and stuff that way.

• orr you could make a custom movement

but yea i agree this should exist

• > this would allow me to express object "knockback" (like a character getting knocked slightely backwards when hit by an object without using sloppy physics...)

>

That would require some new conditions to be added to the platform behavior. Something like "Object is pushed away" with a dropdown for "From left," "From top," etc.

I think if this method of pushing platform objects away from solids rather than up through solids is implemented, I think "Object is trapped" -> "Horiz," "Vert" would be a useful condition to have. Like it's intersecting on both the left and right and can't be pushed either way. You could make squishing traps and stuff that way.

How about "Acts as physics object" with a variable that determines the force it can exert and can be exerted on it before it gets pushed away? Also, "Destroy if clips object" option for squishing.

• my game allows the player to quickly dash, and i do that by having the player activate a bullet behavior. i had found a workaround for this collision issue by stopping the object before deactivating bullet behavior so that it would just fall from where it was, rather than teleporting to the top of the object. but i recently started converting my events to timeDelta/time dependent, and the less exact collision detections has rendered my workaround a lot less useful. players can now, once again, dash into a wall and have a chance of teleporting to the top of that object. this is game breaking.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A better way to do it would be to deactivate the controls of the platform movement, and set a variable of some sort (or if animation dash is playing), set x velocity to (speed). That way the platform movement doesn't reactivate partway through a solid, teleporting it to the top.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)