Picture bigger than resolution bug

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
An educational game for counting pictures. An easy to use template for developers to build larger games
  • Since I posted this a month ago inside another topic and didn't get any replies, I'm making this a topic to see if someone can give me some feedback.

I found out that if I try to load an image in the picture editor, that is bigger than my system's/monitor's resolution, it simply won't load. The same way if I resize the picture editor's canvas to a size bigger than my system's/monitor's resolution, the canvas immediately gets cleared. I'm using 1024x768, so if I try to load or make the canvas something like 200x769 (1 pixel taller than my resolution) everything gets cleared. The same happens for the width.

I changed my system's resolution to 1152x864, and was able to load bigger images (1152x864 max size). However when I changed my resolution back to 1024x768 construct crashed.

Is this happening to someone else?

*Normally I could split the image into several objects, but since I'm trying to load a big texture for a mesh object, I'm not able to do it.

• I can make an image larger than the screen resolution without issue. I suspect it may be an issue with the graphics card. What graphics card do you have and how much VRAM is on it?

• My graphics card is a GeForce 9400 GT with 512 mb of ram, running under windows 7 32 bits.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have kinda same problem, most time if picture is a size of 1024x1024.

When loaded picture is 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 error dont happen much but if the picture is not square it happens also a lot at a kinda random occasion.

my video card = GeForce GTX 260 1.8 gigh ram

windows 7 64 bit

i7 CPU 8x 2.7ghz

All my png's are square but this still random happens:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16288442/bug_report.png

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)