Original idea in this thread...

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
  • I am viNetti on there (no idea where I got that name from).

It's hard to not just jump in and defend Construct even though it has it's share of issues. Clickteam needs more competition regardless. They're slow.

As for the demo itself ... it really is a copy. It's one thing to make a game shooting ghosts, but they approached it by making everything look/feel as close to Ashley's demo as they could using an inferior set of effects.

Long story short (is it too late for that?), Ashley +1.

• Don't get involved in the flamewars on The Daily Click guys. If someone posts saying Construct sucks, so what? We're better off without them. If someone posts saying they think MMF is amazing, so what? It's not bad. Just let it go, folks.

Plus we don't want to end up with people thinking the guys over at Scirra run amok all the time

• But it's fun! It keeps me occupied and makes me laugh.

• Find something else to occupy you, and I think there's plenty to laugh about already without posting If you want to post, rate it five stars and say nice demo, nice idea, nice graphics, whatever.

• I'll stop posting. However, considering the audience of TDC, I think it was wise to defend at least a little.

It is surprising how they seem to not want another program to use ... as if it somehow makes MMF useless.

• Well, I don't mind a post if it's clever, or 5 star (trivialise the other raters). Just no flaming. We're better than that, guys

• I'm not flaming, I'm speaking the truth.

• LOL! Ive had run ins with Mr Sneeze before, he's a complete jerk!

• It's not like that - while yes, Construct is open source and MMF costs money, these are facts - you present them as a strong opinion (ie. nothing can possibly be better than Construct, etc). This is not realistic. MMF is mature software, so has fewer bugs, and a larger userbase, and a few other things like more plugins - all positive points. I'm flattered by your passion for Construct, but you must keep perspective - remember, I would still advise someone working on a commercial or otherwise important project to use mature software, be it MMF, GameMaker, or waiting until 1.0 comes around. Until then, Construct still might nuke your file or make it 3.2 gigabytes, heh.

So the point is, while I'm not asking to control your activities on the internet, I'm urging everyone to keep a realistic view, don't lose your heads, and hey, it's only an internet rating. Rate it 5 stars since they seem to take it so seriously

• I am such a Scirra fanboy, despite never having tried other similar products. The developer of Construct is just so intelligent and secure; do not change your ways, Ashley. I will, also, always support Construct for its open licensing.

• It's not like that - while yes, Construct is open source and MMF costs money, these are facts - you present them as a strong opinion (ie. nothing can possibly be better than Construct, etc). This is not realistic. MMF is mature software, so has fewer bugs, and a larger userbase, and a few other things like more plugins - all positive points. I'm flattered by your passion for Construct, but you must keep perspective - remember, I would still advise someone working on a commercial or otherwise important project to use mature software, be it MMF, GameMaker, or waiting until 1.0 comes around. Construct still might nuke your file or make it 3.2 gigabytes, heh.

So the point is, while I'm not asking to control your activities on the internet, I'm urging everyone to keep a realistic view, don't lose your heads, and hey, it's only an internet rating. Rate it 5 stars since they seem to take it so seriously

It was 3,4

Also, I'm realistic. Construct has bugs, but it's better. It's the example on how a single developer can beat a big company. Construct 1.0 will be the best game-creation program ever.

Until construct 2.

• But remember thinking it's better is your opinion, not fact, so it won't help our or anybody's cause to go announcing it, especially in sensitive places where you know it will provoke reaction. Do you see my point?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't argue with free, although I think I would still prefer Construct if they were the same price.

• Ashley, open your eyes. Construct will stomp Clickteam's tools, you've made an awesome program! It's not an opinion, it's a fact! I can see you in the future becoming one of the best developers ever. You have great potentiality, Construct has too. It's a fact, it's not an opinion

• Despite being generally peaceful in demeanor, I am EXTREMELY disturbed by the frequent argument "Construct copied MMF2, so it's okay to copy programs made in Construct!!" If I release a program using Construct, then some idiot copies me because "it's okay, Construct copied our program anyway," I am going to wring their little neck.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)