Java Runtime

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • I think I read somewhere about java gettin hardware accelerated somehow correct me if im wrong?

And yes from me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • A quick google tells me that it can be, so i don't see why people say it is so slow if it is hardware accelerated, i've never really found it to be slow either.

• I'm all for it. It's not the ideal export format nor is it really meant for games, but it's still multiplatform.

• I'm all for it. It's not the ideal export format nor is it really meant for games, but it's still multiplatform.

Exactly my point and for application developers it does the perfect job for cross-platform.

For an application that works with graphics well hardware accelaration with opengl would be the ideal solution and it IS possible.

• openGL is a much much better idea than java, and probably easier to do

• Yeah, seeing as it would be USING OpenGL to MAKE it Java, why not just an OpenGL version?

• OpenGL would be too much work for the devs i'm sure they stated that before, would be ideal if they used it for 2.0 though.

• It'd still need some form of sound support, input, and maybe timers. At least, if the goal is to make a runtime on systems other than Windows. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't OpenGL only deal with graphics?

• It'd still need some form of sound support, input, and maybe timers. At least, if the goal is to make a runtime on systems other than Windows. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't OpenGL only deal with graphics?

I am pretty sure you are correct, would need to use an open sound system. OpenAL?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)