Indiepub contest for $100,000

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Anyone entering this contest?

http://www.indiepubgames.com/developercontest.php

Also, is Construct eligible to be used?

• Also, is Construct eligible to be used?

From their contest rules, part 4:

"Games developed using middleware/engine software are eligible but only if commercial rights are granted with the license to use that software. Such requirements should be reviewed carefully by the Entrant prior to submission."

So I see no problem here. Compare to this thread: http://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=245&p=45708#p45708

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yea, I've read that too but I was not too sure about it.

It'd be great if someone participates on this and win. That would be plain epic.

• Yea, I've read that too but I was not too sure about it.

It'd be great if someone participates on this and win. That would be plain epic.

and it would be great advertisement

• ima probably enter a game i was planning on releasing as freeware anyway. its held by some of the guys behind the 2bee competitions so i think its pretty legit.

theres a lot of lawyeristic stuff in the rules, but i mean i read it all and it seems you retain all rights except to distribute or something like that when you win the 100,000k, the prize can be revoked if you break rules, not fair-play etc. but even so my game was supposed to be freeware so anything fishy doesn't even matter to me, just the publicity of winning would be nice, and the prize is a great addition too

• Planning to, and if not, would be awesome if I could.

...the prize is so totally ridiculous.

• While the prizes have been lower in previous years, many of the higher-ranked games in their other competitions have been made in Game Maker or whatever. It's entirely conceivable that a Construct game could win it.

There's still about a month and a half to crank out an entry! Good luck to anyone entering.

• The legal mumbo-jumbo always give me a headache when reading it.

Anyways, yeah it seems that it is rather easy to join. I might try and join the contest and see how it goes.

• I'm trying to get clarification on whethere or not the game is available for free play on this site if you win. Or don't win, in which case, it kinda destroys your chances of getting published, or selfpublishing. Id not, I will almost definitely enter

• I'm trying to get clarification on whethere or not the game is available for free play on this site if you win. Or don't win, in which case, it kinda destroys your chances of getting published, or selfpublishing. Id not, I will almost definitely enter

It looks as though your game will show on the entries page when you submit it. Looking at what's there, those seem to be playable by anyone who feels like clicking on your project. That's a good thing in one sense, because one of the prizes (the $5000) is based on the votes of the community there. On the other hand, it might be wise to put up a version of your game that's not going to lose you any sales later on, but is still good enough to be competitive for their purposes - a hard balance to find!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)