Guassian Blur with variable/changable blur amount?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • The Gaussian Blur looks very nice, but it isn't that useful constantly stuck at 13px.

I think it would be more helpful if you made the blur amount an attribute. This, combined with Construct's very intuitive zooming, would make for some amazing Depth of Field effects.

• I want to do this, but I haven't managed to dig up any information on a fast variable-radius gaussian blur algorithm. If you open the .fx files in the Effects folder for the blurs, you'll see they're hard coded with the blur values for 13 pixel blur. If you can find any more info on this, I'd gladly have a shot at variable blurs!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I want to do this, but I haven't managed to dig up any information on a fast variable-radius gaussian blur algorithm. If you open the .fx files in the Effects folder for the blurs, you'll see they're hard coded with the blur values for 13 pixel blur. If you can find any more info on this, I'd gladly have a shot at variable blurs!

Ah.

Well, I'm an artist, not a coder.

I just assumed that "13" would be easy to replace with a "INSERT VALUE HERE". Forgive my ignorance.

• I'm sure it's possible because games like half-life 2 have variable blurs. I'll try research it some more anyway.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)