Event List Stuff

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Template for scrollable list, fully documented in comment and video
  • Okay, first, even though it's reported as fixed, includes seem to produce anomalies as per the example I sent you before, Ashley. If this is somehow the correct behavior I'm curious as to why it acts the way it does. Secondly I'd ike to request a "Local Sheet" feature. so that each background has one dedicated sheet that doesn't muck up the sheet list. I don't think it'll be uncommon for people to want to have a list for each stage, using includes to insert the elements they want or don't want -- but after a good number o backdrops, the number of sheets could be in the realm of ridiculous (My current project I think would have a few hundred, I think. D:).

(also while I'm at it, getRefreshRate and GetFPS plzkthx -- and if you're really nice, set override to make things easier. I'm going to keep pimping these until I get some form of response. XD)

• includes seem to produce anomalies as per the example I sent you before, Ashley.

Could you make a .cap that demonstrates events working differently in an include?

[quote:1eptmrpr]Secondly I'd ike to request a "Local Sheet" feature. so that each background has one dedicated sheet that doesn't muck up the sheet list.

Each background? Huh? Don't you mean each layout? But each layout already has its own event sheet...

[quote:1eptmrpr]also while I'm at it, getRefreshRate and GetFPS plzkthx -- and if you're really nice, set override to make things easier

Meh, okay, I'll try and get them in a build... but I'm not absolutely convinced they're necessary. You can measure the FPS with events by the way, look up Ticks on the wiki.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > includes seem to produce anomalies as per the example I sent you before, Ashley.

>

Could you make a .cap that demonstrates events working differently in an include?

[quote:18kxujpe]Secondly I'd ike to request a "Local Sheet" feature. so that each background has one dedicated sheet that doesn't muck up the sheet list.

Each background? Huh? Don't you mean each layout? But each layout already has its own event sheet...

[quote:18kxujpe]also while I'm at it, getRefreshRate and GetFPS plzkthx -- and if you're really nice, set override to make things easier

Meh, okay, I'll try and get them in a build... but I'm not absolutely convinced they're necessary. You can measure the FPS with events by the way, look up Ticks on the wiki.

Yessir. http://kayin.pyoko.org/53.cap Just set the main sheet to base1 instead of core. Core shows how it's supposed to work. If you ue base one and jump into walls weird thing happen (like you stick). Seem slike only one part isn't working or something.

They do have a local sheet feature? I looked for it before posting (aaaahhhh why did I put background). Okay, nevermind that then.

As for measuring FPS, wouldn't that get screwed up by delta time override (which is why I'm requesting these feature)? Especially if I start changing the timescale my self to adjust game speed in a more fluid manner?

Though now that I think of it I could multiply/divide the milliseconds for the check by the timescale or whatever, couldn't I?

Anyways, thank you and no rush. I just don't want to work with the assumptions I'll have something later and then be stuck without it, I appreciate it. Though if I can do some of this stuff without it (though refresh rate I think would be important), I will.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)