Copy / Paste Image Points

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hey dudes,

This is something that should be implemented asap, in my opinion.

Say I want to spawn an object from another object and want it to appear at a certain image point - It'd make things soooo much easier if we could copy image points from one animation frame to all the others without having to manually go in and change them.

If I decide that I want to add another item that the player can build and all the animation frames are already set-up, I'm royally screwed, since I'll have to go in and change them manually right now.

Is there any smarter way to do this? Same with hotpoints, btw.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The thing is, image points are usually in a different position for each frame. Like they're positioned on a character's hand or face, which is moving in the animation. That's the intended use anyways.

[quote:13qiluel]Say I want to spawn an object from another object and want it to appear at a certain image point - It'd make things soooo much easier if we could copy image points from one animation frame to all the others without having to manually go in and change them.

but what's the point of an image point that's always in the same place?

From what you wrote, it sounds like you just want the object spawned a certain offset from the character. In that case, just spawn it at the hotspot and use a set position action. A picture would help though, not quite sure what you mean.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)