Construct's version of Daily Click

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Simple, negative, pozitive
  • Just to let you all know, games made in Construct are completely welcome at The Daily Click, and are even eligible for the GOTW award. I'm not sure who ever said "Construct games don't qualify for GOTW", but I can assure you that they do.

We'd love to see some more Construct games over at the DC - I'm not sure whether that'll happen until Construct reaches version 1.0 and is not longer beta, but I'm hoping we'll see some awesome creations soon.

I also don't think the competition between Construct and MMF2 is a bad thing - at the end of the day, game makers have more choice and that can only be a good thing. I'm still getting my teeth into Construct and trying to figure things out (still can't figure out how to create animated sprites.. I'm probably just being stupid..).

Anyway, please don't feel that you have to create a new DC for Construct, because TDC will support all game creators. And a big thanks to Scirra for their recent donation to TDC, it's really appreciated

• Just to let you all know, games made in Construct are completely welcome at The Daily Click, and are even eligible for the GOTW award. I'm not sure who ever said "Construct games don't qualify for GOTW", but I can assure you that they do.

We'd love to see some more Construct games over at the DC - I'm not sure whether that'll happen until Construct reaches version 1.0 and is not longer beta, but I'm hoping we'll see some awesome creations soon.

I also don't think the competition between Construct and MMF2 is a bad thing - at the end of the day, game makers have more choice and that can only be a good thing. I'm still getting my teeth into Construct and trying to figure things out (still can't figure out how to create animated sprites.. I'm probably just being stupid..).

Anyway, please don't feel that you have to create a new DC for Construct, because TDC will support all game creators. And a big thanks to Scirra for their recent donation to TDC, it's really appreciated

Yes, would like to see some construct games on TDC, and I wouldn't rate it 0 stars either. The only problem I have with construct is coming here and seeing, "zomg mmf2 is crap" and whatnot. I'm sorry about my earlier rant also, I shouldn't get upset about something this stupid.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, would like to see some construct games on TDC, and I wouldn't rate it 0 stars either. The only problem I have with construct is coming here and seeing, "zomg mmf2 is crap" and whatnot. I'm sorry about my earlier rant also, I shouldn't get upset about something this stupid.

eah, that annoys me too, but thankfully that's a minority of Construct users.

• It's true nobody has really finished any games yet, and that's probably also because while we're in beta emphasis is on developing Construct - fixing bugs, reporting issues, coming up with feature ideas and such, and as Rich pointed out there are known file corruption bugs we still need to fix.

The only problem I have with construct is coming here and seeing, "zomg mmf2 is crap" and whatnot.

An opinion about MMF2 is the opinion of an individual. How is that a problem with Scirra or the Construct program? It's not. It's certainly not my opinion, and I doubt it's the opinion of the majority of people here. So please - don't upset yourself by generalising the opinions of a single person to an entire site! I don't think anybody's even explicitly said that.

• It's true nobody has really finished any games yet, and that's probably also because while we're in beta emphasis is on developing Construct - fixing bugs, reporting issues, coming up with feature ideas and such, and as Rich pointed out there are known file corruption bugs we still need to fix.

> The only problem I have with construct is coming here and seeing, "zomg mmf2 is crap" and whatnot.

>

An opinion about MMF2 is the opinion of an individual. How is that a problem with Scirra or the Construct program? It's not. It's certainly not my opinion, and I doubt it's the opinion of the majority of people here. So please - don't upset yourself by generalising the opinions of a single person to an entire site! I don't think anybody's even explicitly said that.

I don't think everyone on this site is like that! I was talking to that one guy, and the reason I get upset about people saying that gotw games on TDC can't compare to these tech demos, is that people put a lot of hard work into those games. Then just becuase you use construct so now you have all these effects you can do, it makes them crap? Some better wording could be used there IMO.

• Some better wording could be used there IMO.

Definitely. The aim of the tech demos is to demonstrate their technical features - not particularly their creative features, which is generally what makes a game fun. Perhaps it could be argued other games are not as technically advanced, but it would be crude to lump this in to overall better or worse. These new technical features could be applied in creative ways to games to make them more exciting or immersive (which I suppose SircatmaN might have been trying to get at), but as we've said, nobody's really working on big games at the moment. I expect that to change at 1.0.

• > It's true nobody has really finished any games yet, and that's probably also because while we're in beta emphasis is on developing Construct - fixing bugs, reporting issues, coming up with feature ideas and such, and as Rich pointed out there are known file corruption bugs we still need to fix.

>

>

> > The only problem I have with construct is coming here and seeing, "zomg mmf2 is crap" and whatnot.

> >

> An opinion about MMF2 is the opinion of an individual. How is that a problem with Scirra or the Construct program? It's not. It's certainly not my opinion, and I doubt it's the opinion of the majority of people here. So please - don't upset yourself by generalising the opinions of a single person to an entire site! I don't think anybody's even explicitly said that.

>

I don't think everyone on this site is like that! I was talking to that one guy, and the reason I get upset about people saying that gotw games on TDC can't compare to these tech demos, is that people put a lot of hard work into those games. Then just becuase you use construct so now you have all these effects you can do, it makes them crap? Some better wording could be used there IMO.

Mate if you actually bothered to read the posts on the topic on TDC you'll see that all I asked was if construct games were allowed or not because I heard otherwise and if not why not? They others persisted int elling me that construct is shit and shouldn't be allowed. Then you jumped on the bandwagon and started arguing with me.

All I ever said about the tech demos was that they were really good and yet everyone just says there crap because there not made in MMF2, and I also never said they were better than every game of the week just some. I wish people would read whole topics before replying to one post when they dont know what its going on about.

I jump on saying that Im exited about construct and thats the only reason I'm back into makign games and all of a sudden I get told its crap, you should use mmf2 blah blah blah. I dont want to use MMF2, Ive already used mmf2, im sick of mmf2. I dont think its crap I just am only really interested in construct at the moment.

• I dont think anybody ever actually said the tech demos were crap because they weren't made specifically in MMF2 - I think this is in danger of spilling over in to a dumb argument, so preemptive lock on this one.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)