CC/C2 discussion

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • I'm sorry if this goes to a completely wrong thread.. But I just read this whole thread through and i think it's okay to ask for your opinions in this thread..

So I've made several games with MMF2 in the past. Now I really feel like I wanna get back into making games. And this time maybe even try to sell some.

I've always used low res pixel graphics for my projects (and I want them to look as nice as possible in full screen or 2x/3x scaling), and want to make the game mechanics work precisely as I need them to.

Of course it would be nice to have some of my smaller projects to be played just in the browser for easy access.. But if I'd ever do something bigger I'd want it to work on desktop without the browser or black borders or anything.. And I'd probably try to sell my stuff in Steam.

Also my projects tend to have tons of events..

So for someone like me, what would be the best bet? Would it be madness to stick with MMF2?

MMF2, Construct Classic or Construct 2 (or even Game Maker)? ..And why?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Salevits - Construct 2 can export desktop apps for Windows, Mac and Linux. Why not try C2?

• I have to admit, this thread gave me a much better impression of C2 than I had before.

However, I still think that the Personal Edition is overpriced.

• I have to admit, this thread gave me a much better impression of C2 than I had before.

However, I still think that the Personal Edition is overpriced.

+1 for this. 99 Euro a a little too much. Maybe something like 50 Euro will be very fair and good price for everyone.

• It's a lot cheaper than a lot of alternatives, and it's a one-time price - not a subscription, like some other alternatives. Considering some dev software can end up in the thousands of dollars, I don't think it's too much at all.

• What about paying only if the game is succesfull?

• There aren't many ways to enforce that even if it did make sense. Personally I think C2 is dirt cheap for what it is, especially during the early adopter period which lasted for mooonths. If not, well, wait until a competition I guess, licenses are given out all the time. If not, well, suck it up and spend a little money XD GM is charging like $150 just for a single exporter and I hear they're buggy as ever.

• I can't believe some of the above...with the free version,You get a fully functional game development tool.....For free!!....

And the personal licence allows you to earn ?5000,if you want it for commercial use....that is a steal...

Is the fact that you think the full version is too expensive,that feature wise,there is not enough difference, between the personal and free version maybe?...

If so that makes me wonder if the free version is over featured for the price....

• There aren't many ways to enforce that even if it did make sense. Personally I think C2 is dirt cheap for what it is, especially during the early adopter period which lasted for mooonths. If not, well, wait until a competition I guess, licenses are given out all the time. If not, well, suck it up and spend a little money XD GM is charging like $150 just for a single exporter and I hear they're buggy as ever.

With exporter to PC and with full features - $39.99 (this is the old version 8.1). With it you can make masterpriece games if you have the skills of course.

The newly Studio Standart version with exporters to Mac and PC - $49.99.

The Professional version which have half of the available exports remaining is 99.99$.

The Master version with all exporters is 499.99$ which is cheaper than buying Studio Standart + all the exporters or Professional + the exporters.

If you talk about the exporters alone - yes they're expensive from 99.99$ to 199.99$. That's why there exists Professional and Master editions.

• Well I played around with C2, And unfortunately found out that it lacks per pixel collision, which I need for my next game project.. So C2 is a no go for me.. >_>

I've decided to create the basic engine in both MMF2 and CC and see which feels better for me..

A few questions about CC, tough:

Can i get the names of Objects hidden in the event sheet editor?

Is there a shortcut key for switching between event sheet and Layout editor?

• I think I saw a post in here that said, "No one loves Classic anymore". Just want to say that I'm a very big fan of Classic, which is why it's so frustrating that there are so many small bugs that end up creating one big problem if you're working on at least a medium sized project.

For instance, the issue of Fullscreen and paralax scrolling came up years ago from what I can see, and no solution was ever found. I imagine there was no solution to this, because as was said before, there were too many issues in the build of Classic, so the developers decided it was time for something new altogether rather than just fixes to the original.

It's just a shame to me, because CC was probably the first piece of software I used for a game where I actually felt like I was accomplishing things. As someone who struggles to understand coding, I was actually understanding and learning programming fundamentals without having to memorize an entirely new language.

• I thinks it is a good idea to move away CC from de Scirra forums, regain a identity of independence and grow away from it's awesome parents.

Unfortunately I can't help with the fixing things in CC, my lack of know-how it's killing me, I can imagine a "NeoContruct" of some sort, based in what CC presented to everyone, and in some degree in his soucecod, maybe, dunno

This is my 2 pennys about it.

Ah, by the way... Any opinions in Stellar?

--hehe, i moved from other topic to here, posted in the wrong place earlier

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)