Aplication Sheets

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • The problem is non - existand when game maker uses just couple of layouts, but starts to be anoying with more complex, multi-level games. as in any game there are some conditions that should always work aside from whats going on on the screen (ESC button for quiting, fullscreen button ect). But i know we can import whole sheets into sheets but still theres no such thing as General Sheet with events that are always present - whereever we are in game.

i think having a Sheets for a whole Aplication (Global Sheet?) wouldnt hurt, and for 100% would make some peoples lifes easier and better organised ("OMG why movement stoped working???? [4h later after re-checking the whole event for errors for 1032 time] oh... right... i forgoten to include controls sheet in that layer...")

• come on people - say something!

you know you want it

• The problem is non - existand when game maker uses just couple of layouts, but starts to be anoying with more complex, multi-level games. as in any game there are some conditions that should always work aside from whats going on on the screen (ESC button for quiting, fullscreen button ect). But i know we can import whole sheets into sheets but still theres no such thing as General Sheet with events that are always present - whereever we are in game.

i think having a Sheets for a whole Aplication (Global Sheet?) wouldnt hurt, and for 100% would make some peoples lifes easier and better organised ("OMG why movement stoped working???? [4h later after re-checking the whole event for errors for 1032 time] oh... right... i forgoten to include controls sheet in that layer...")

Did you know that you can have any number of event sheets and include them as you like? So you could make a Movement sheet and include it in every layout where you want the player to be able to move, for example.

I think this pretty much makes your suggestion obsolete, if I understood correctly what you were saying.

EDIT: Ah my bad. You actually want global event sheets so you don't have to include them, right? Not sure if that would be really feasible. Is it that much of a pain to include what you need? I may be wrong.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Global event sheets can actually be annoying, because the global events would be running during both the menu system, game itself, loading screens etc. I think it's best to leave it as manually adding an include to each level - is it really that bad?

• Is that really that big of a problem? You could make one sheet that just includes a lot of other sheets and then start by including that "master sheet" whenever you create a new Layout.

• how do i include more event sheets ?

edit: nevermind i found it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)