Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Set of 21 Food plus 6 boards, for different kind of games
  • linkman2004. Did you get a chance to look at the CAP I sent you last week?

My game will not run in WInXP (tested on 6 machines). If i remove your plugin and just use Standard "FOLLOW" it will on on XP computers.

I got your CAP and I responded to the message, but I haven't actually had a chance to test the CAP since I've been buys with work. I only have one computer with XP and it's currently running an older version of Construct with an older version of the camera plugin, so I haven't been to keen to set it up. I'll take a look at it as soon as possible, though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i simply dont get it!

I followed the eamples, and my scene crashes each time I try to switch from one camera to the other.

I love the eamples! I just wish I could get it to work.

Im running the latest construct

• Actually...I do get it!

Sorry....I was doing it all wrong!

Than heaps for what you have created!

• i simply dont get it!

I followed the eamples, and my scene crashes each time I try to switch from one camera to the other.

I love the eamples! I just wish I could get it to work.

Im running the latest construct

Are you running XP? I have a game that ran fine with the ACP until the past few versions either ACP or Construct. So until those issues are worked out I stop using ACP.

*note the game runs fine under Win7 and Vista, the issue was just with XP ( all I get is a white screen)

• I'm using gridscrolling. Is there a way to have the camera start in one "room" before the player gets there, then continue gridscrolling with him when he goes through it? The player starts in of the rooms, gets moved offscreen (all of start of layout), then enters very quickly (launched actually) back on screen. It always wants to show the first room he goes through in less than a second, but it works right if his initial start is in that room before he gets moved... It is all being very confusing and looks buggy...

Also, Debug doesn't work when ACP is used under certain conditions (no idea what they are). I think something might've gone wrong since every 5 minutes it seems like there's something else being weird about it.

• I'm using gridscrolling. Is there a way to have the camera start in one "room" before the player gets there, then continue gridscrolling with him when he goes through it? The player starts in of the rooms, gets moved offscreen (all of start of layout), then enters very quickly (launched actually) back on screen. It always wants to show the first room he goes through in less than a second, but it works right if his initial start is in that room before he gets moved... It is all being very confusing and looks buggy...

Also, Debug doesn't work when ACP is used under certain conditions (no idea what they are). I think something might've gone wrong since every 5 minutes it seems like there's something else being weird about it.

Have the camera (any camera, this or the default construct one) center view on an invisible sprite, then move that wherever you want it to be. Then later have it follow the player and your camera will appear to follow the player too.

I'd suggest either posting a CAP or sending me one in a PM so I can help you out with the grid scrolling. If not the CAP you're using, then a fresh CAP showing a similar setup.

About debugging, I have no idea what's going on with that. I honestly don't know if it's a problem on my part or something wrong with Construct.

• A weird glitch is happening when running my game in debug mode using this plugin. On all my layouts it runs fine when I preview it, but when I try to debug it, the scroll position gets set to (-1.$, -1.$) and obviously makes my game unplayable. The mouse position is also locked at (-1,-1)

I've isolated the problem to the Advanced Camera Plugin by disabling it and enabling 'Scroll to Object', which works fine in both debug mode and preview mode.

This plugin has been great so far and is crucial in my games, as I use it for cutscenes, so it's going to set me back quite a bit if no resolution can be found

Any help appreciated

• Shady

EDIT: Actually, my other layouts work only when I select them through the debug window, but the main one doesn't work. The only difference between the one which doesn't work and the one that does is the amount of objects on screen. The one that doesn't work has over 1000 objects in the layout while the others have below 400.

• I have no idea where the debug problems are coming from. I'm going to start completely rewriting this plugin sometime within the next week or so. Hopefully that will knock out all of these annoying problems.

• Maybe just wait till 1.0 comes out?

• Maybe just wait till 1.0 comes out?

Agh, don't say "wait until 1.0." I'm tired of hearing that. If he wants to rewrite it, he might as well start now so it can be done BEFORE 1.0. This is a major plugin, why wait until the official release of the program to redo it? In my opinion, it should be included in 1.0 along with most (or all) of the other currently optional plugins.

Good luck, linkman!

BTW, I did have to use a seperate camera object like I suspected and LMK suggested. It works flawlessly now. Strangely enough, I don't have the 1 (or -1),$ problem anymore. It just disappeared.

• Edit: Wrong topic.

• Does the SpriteFont.Width value even work? I'm trying to set my graphical dialog box - a speech bubble sprite - to the width of the SpriteFont textbox, but it appears at a width lesser than the width of the textbox.

Take a look at this to see what I mean.

Um... I don't think you posted this in the right topic. :

• Yeah, I meant to post in the SpriteFont topic. Sorry about that.

• Another issue. Since I can't do much progress in my game as of now, I tried testing it on my crappy laptop to see if what I have so far works. It runs at around 15 FPS and the camera goes completely wonky, where it shifts back and forth (in a jittery manner from 0 to ~6000 on the X axis). I then replicated it on my PC where I capped the frames to 25 FPS and the same thing happened... it's kind of like a reverse dampening effect, where the jitter starts off slowly but increases rapidly.

Once in this immense jitter mode, if I move the window with the mouse cursor the camera freezes at a location (eg. x=6000). If I resize the debug window and leave the mouse clicked for a few seconds it resets the scroll location to that $ thing, but I think that's unrelated to this.

Same thing happens with 30 frames but at 35 frames, it just shifted like a pixel or two back and forth. I think it's safe to say it's dependent on the frame rate. At 37, the jitter isn't evident anymore.

I'm think you may have your hands full at the moment with that $ bug, but since this bug is dependent on framerate it may (or may not) help you with solving that bug too...

Additional info: this happens during a cutscene where the camera is zooming and scrolling to another object at the beginning of the layout. I'll be happy to provide anymore if need be.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)