Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Set of 21 Food plus 6 boards, for different kind of games
  • > When the camera scrolls, does the camera use decimals in scrolling

> for example, will the camera be at: 450.23, 670.91 ?

>

It uses floating point values. If you'd like, I could make an option where only integer positions are allowed.

That would be marvellous! I'm not sure if that's the solution to an issue with my game or not - basically when I scroll the screen I notice a slight "seam" between my image tiles.

• The mouse problem is now fixed, and I've added an option for using integer positions, which should fix problems involving gaps between tiles.

Advanced Camera Plugin - v0.86b

Download Now(with example) - 151KB

Additions/Fixes/Changes

[ADD] - "Use integer position" property added under the "Properties" section in the object. This option will set the position of the camera to a constant integer position.

[FIX] - When "Unbounded scrolling" was disabled, having the camera at the very edge of the layout would cause problems for actions relating to the mouse.

Hope these fixes help.

• Cheers Linkman, that is really great addition - really improves life!

Also, its good to see it's the first property thing to go in.

• That was a fast fix. Awesome.

• [ADD] - "Use integer position" property added under the "Properties" section in the object. This option will set the position of the camera to a constant integer position.

Holy crap, I bet you made a lot of pixel artists really happy right there!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This plugin is amazing, Linkman O:. It almost makes me mad that you're just my age.

Almost. ^_^

• I found a new one

When zoomed in the camera wont scroll all the way to the edge of the layout.

Cap file if needed:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727838/camera%20bug%202.cap

• Hey, just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the great plug-in!

• I found a new one

Cap file if needed:

That happens for a reason. I mean the camera should not be allowed to go beyond the layout should it?

• Once again, thanks for all the kind comments, guys. I greatly appreciate the feedback.

I found a new one

Cap file if needed:

This is actually a problem with Construct. When unbounded scrolling is left unchecked, Construct doesn't seem to be taking into account the display zoom level when determining the edge of the layout relative to the edge of the screen. If you check "Center view on me" in the sprite's properties in that CAP and then set the zoom level yourself, you'll notice that it does the same thing.

I'd suggest reporting it as a bug, although maybe one of the devs could pop in and explain whether it's supposed to be this way or not.

• yeah great work on the plugin, love the shake camera, gives a reel nice feel for explosions

about the debugging "bug" , i have the latest version installed,

it also only happens when creating and follow camera in one step, if you disable the follow it doesnt happen,

i tried setting follow after some timer but couldnt make it to work

• Once again, thanks for all the kind comments, guys. I greatly appreciate the feedback.

> I found a new one

>

> When zoomed in the camera wont scroll all the way to the edge of the layout.

>

> Cap file if needed:

> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1727838/camera%20bug%202.cap

>

This is actually a problem with Construct. When unbounded scrolling is left unchecked, Construct doesn't seem to be taking into account the display zoom level when determining the edge of the layout relative to the edge of the screen. If you check "Center view on me" in the sprite's properties in that CAP and then set the zoom level yourself, you'll notice that it does the same thing.

I'd suggest reporting it as a bug, although maybe one of the devs could pop in and explain whether it's supposed to be this way or not.

May I suggest a work around?

How about an option to simulate bounded scrolling. So we would check "unbounded scrolling" and your camera plugin would compensate and only scroll to the edge.

• Love the plug in. One problem for me...

when I have a camera created, I cannot "Set Layer Angles." I can set the "Display angle" but not individual Layer angles. This plugin prevents it from occurring in Construct.

I didn't know what was going on for about 3 days now. haha.

Amazing Plugin btw.

• Man, it's just awesomeness

I've tried your plugin and I'm really impressed! Think it's good idea to use it in my project (hope your plugin is not commercial ).

Oh and it's nice to see new updates regularly here. I will tell you if something is wrong. Good luck, linkman!

• nightofgrim - Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. I've been busy with other projects lately so I haven't really been keeping up on this plugin. I'll look into adding this feature.

strike911 - Thanks, man. The way I have rotation supported in the camera is that it rotates each individual layer except for those with specified exceptions, therefore undoing any external layer rotations. I'll look into finding a way around this.

Russ - Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it. You can use the plugin however you want, commercial or otherwise, but a mention in the credits would be appreciated.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)