Advanced Camera Plugin (Updated: 09/21 - v0.93b)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Set of 21 Food plus 6 boards, for different kind of games
  • That's really odd. If you could get the same problem in a blank CAP that could help me isolate the problem.

• Can you do a limit camera effect?

• Can you do a limit camera effect?

Would you mind explaining a bit what you mean, please?

• Th camera would scrolling a set area like the Megaman games.

• That's actually a really good idea. I'll see what I can do about implementing it.

• Can't wait!

• Do you mean like this?

• No, Megaman style.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Aah! yeah, that seems really usefull!

• Hmm. Really useful plugin. Until I start to play music on the background. Then the camera just goes completely black. When I disable the music events, the camera acts normal again. Strange bug...

I'm using the latest version of Construct.

• Hmm. Really useful plugin. Until I start to play music on the background. Then the camera just goes completely black. When I disable the music events, the camera acts normal again. Strange bug...

I'm using the latest version of Construct.

Huh, that seems really weird. I couldn't reproduce it, though. Would you mind posting the CAP with the problem so I can take a look at it?

• Huh, that seems really weird. I couldn't reproduce it, though. Would you mind posting the CAP with the problem so I can take a look at it?

Uhm, nevermind what I said. I just wanted to work on the .cap again, but now it's happening even without playing the music. Weird! Here's the cap it happens with. It's quite big because of the sounds and images included.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/167571/fattyadventure.cap

• In your camera creation you have both the X and Y zoom levels set to 0, so the camera is zoomed out to infinity. You should set the zoom levels to something like 100 each, which is default size. That fixes the problem.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In your camera creation you have both the X and Y zoom levels set to 0, so the camera is zoomed out to infinity. You should set the zoom levels to something like 100 each, which is default size. That fixes the problem.

o_O

Darn. That I didn't see that!

However, I fixed the numbers.. And then in the "Start of layout" condition, I add the event that XAudio2 must play music from a resource ("shortloop.mp3"). When I test the game then, the screen is black Hmm.. Confusing.

• This is really strange. Would you mind compiling the version you have with the music playing? Music and sound isn't included in CAP files, and I want to see if this is happening on all computers or just some. I can't seem to reproduce any errors involving music playback with this plugin.

By the way, a heads up for everybody. Assuming I don't find any glaring issues with the additions I've made, I'll be releasing a new version later today. This version will include the requested MegaMan/Zelda style grid scrolling feature.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)