99.9 ?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • So when is 99.9 coming ? I've put my game on hold for to wait for the proposed vram unload options.

Also , how is construct going to do that ?

• Construct 99? We're not even at 1.0 yet, that would probably a few thousand years away

All us developers are in fulltime education, and I'm sure it's true of the others, but I got a lotta work to do for the course. I work on it when I can, but it's done when it's done.

• this is some legendary portfolio under your belts.

you guys are on your way to creating a legend people will talk for millennia - the day game making became possible for laymens. many kudos.

• what about construct (insert Googolplex here)

the name alone would take up more space than the universe according to wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Googolplex

• So when is 99.9 coming ? I've put my game on hold for to wait for the proposed vram unload options.

Also , how is construct going to do that ?

I know you meant .99

I want it too

If it doesn't come out in time you can get creative by loading in your background objects from bitmaps, than forcing the game to close (close and re-execute perhaps?)

I'm trying to avoid doing crazy things like that in my game

but if I need too, I will I guess...

perhaps you can cut some frames from animation, or flip directions instead of making new ones?

just some ideas

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's just what I'm doing for now. I cut the "tween" frames of my action moves, merged subsequent frames , to make a rapid trail like effect, and all . In actionscript , this is easy. I'm now moving to color grading for the anime cutscenes.

Maybe there are some low-level commands in python for Directx to utilize vram in a different way ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)