2D Liquid Simulation Engine

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2d mushroom sprite 2d game character enmy sprite game art
  • :lol: foam

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/foam.cap

Still don't know what I'm doing, but I hacked away (as in "with an axe") at your foam and I erased (with the eraser in the picture editor) and now it works on non-black layouts. I'll do some more experimenting and if I come up with anything good or interesting I'll upload it.

• Awesome stuff!

Here's an idea:

Part of the reason particles are quicker than sprites is because they do not rotate after they are created. Could you make a new sprite/particles object that is optimized for fluid? I'm not sure how much of a difference optimizations to the sprites themselves would make (compared to if the physics was faster), but I do wonder. Also, does having two sprites = one water drop slow anything down at all compared to having only one object and still using ellipse? The faster the better

• > :lol: foam

> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/666516/foam.cap

>

Still don't know what I'm doing, but I hacked away (as in "with an axe") at your foam and I erased (with the eraser in the picture editor) and now it works on non-black layouts. I'll do some more experimenting and if I come up with anything good or interesting I'll upload it.

To use a layout with a lighter background simply add a copy of the sprite that has the physics behavior, only without the behavior.

Then have it the same size as the sprite with the lighten only effect.

• the slowdown is entirely a result of the physics being a bottleneck. even if you did get some small improvements from particle type sprites it would be pointless.

• tulamide,

I'm also working on a game that uses lots of water, but probably completely different. I can work with the fluid .cap that you graciously uploaded, and I made some changes to it (removed the darkening over time), but I'm still wet behind my ears (pardon the pun) to get that ellipse collision going on.

Can I get another .cap with more liquid stuff please?

Here you are: fluid2.cap

But remember to act responsible, don't drive today

... Also, does having two sprites = one water drop slow anything down at all compared to having only one object and still using ellipse? The faster the better

Hmm, well, it is slower to have 2000 sprites compared to having 1000. But Construct is pretty fast when it comes to sprites, so I don't think that you will gain so many frames that it makes sense to forego the fluid effect...

EDIT: On the other hand, it would be very helpful to be able to set the radius of the ellipse collision independent of the sprite's size

• tulamide, you are the hedgehog of a thousand spines.

May you prick all your enemies in battle and roll home to the safety of your nested fortress.

I got the file and was able to run 4 simultaneous instances with 1500+ sprites each. Windows 7 x64 quad-core 2GB RAM with Gforce 8600.

Also, do you know how hedgehogs do it?

Really really carefully.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There was a slight bug that made water "stand up" in horizontal platforms.

Watch first 7 seconds of

tulamide made the whole thing.

I made a tiny change inserting a random move by 5 pixels when it is created.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/984249/fluid2%2 ... 20move.cap

Also, it's created by mouse button and I changed the colors.

My first bug squash ever. I feel the testosterone levels rising... AARGGH!

• There was a slight bug that made water "stand up" in horizontal platforms.

Watch first 7 seconds of

tulamide made the whole thing.

I made a tiny change inserting a random move by 5 pixels when it is created.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/984249/fluid2%2 ... 20move.cap

Also, it's created by mouse button and I changed the colors.

My first bug squash ever. I feel the testosterone levels rising... AARGGH!

I like you.

you are such a positive person ^_^

• Fluid2.cap requirers some plugin and I can't find it?

• Fluid2.cap requirers some plugin and I can't find it?

Are you sure?

Which plugin? Screenshot please and I'll be happy to sort it out for you.

• "The effect file 'Blob_test.fx' is required to open this file. Please locate it and put it in your effects directory under your Construct installation."

I have the latest version of Construct.

• "The effect file 'Blob_test.fx' is required to open this file. Please locate it and put it in your effects directory under your Construct installation."

I have the latest version of Construct.

Just download "fluid.rar" from my third post in this thread. It contains the effect blob_test.fx

Copy it to Construct's effect folder.

• Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)