Creator: Chris Hackmann(AKA, linkman2004)
NOTE: I suggest reading the below description/documentation before use. There are is also an example at the bottom.
What does this plugin do? - This is a behavior which can be added to object to make them orbit another object. This usually takes a small bit of complex math, but the Orbiter behavior takes all the math out and provides speed improvements over doing it with events.
What features does it have? - You can change many orbit options, including speed, maximum X distance, maximum Y distance, the angle of the orbit, and the step of the orbit. You can also retrieve all of these values at runtime, including the current distance between the orbiter and the orbited. See below for a complete list of parameters, actions, and expressions.
- Speed: Set the starting speed of the orbit in pixels-per-second.
- X-Distance: Set the starting, maximum X distance of the orbit.
- Y-Distance: Set the starting, maximum Y distance of the orbit.
- Angle: Set the starting angle of the orbit.
- Start step: Set the starting step in the orbit from 0-360. If the starting step is set to 90, the object will start out one quarter of the way through it's initial orbit.
- Set Object to Orbit: Set the object that the orbiter will orbit. This only has to be set once.
- Set Orbit Distance: Set the maximum X and Y orbit distances at the same time using ONE value, setting both settings to the same amount.
- Get Orbit Distance: Get the current distance from the orbiter to the orbited. If the maximum X and Y orbit distances are the same, this value will be constant.
- Set/Get Orbit Speed: Set/get the current speed of the orbit.
- Set/Get Max X-Distance: Set/get the maximum X distance of the orbit.
- Set/Get Max y-Distance: Set/get the maximum Y distance of the orbit.
- Set/Get Orbit Angle: Set/get the angle of the orbit.
- Set/Get Orbit Step: Set/get the current step of the orbit.
Installation: To install the plugin, simply extract the the contents of the ZIP file into the main Construct folder.
Orbiter Behavior - Example File
So there you have it. I've actually been sitting on this plugin for a few days waiting for the finished plugins board to go up.