IK Solver 2
Creator: Chris Hackmann(AKA, linkman2004)
IK Solver 2
Download Now(with example) - 113KB
NOTE: I suggest reading the below description/documentation before use. There is also an example at the bottom.
What's IK? - IK is a method for making a chain of bones bend in the correct way to reach a specific point.
What does this plugin do? - This is a plugin that takes all of the fancy math out of solving 2-bone IK chains. It automatically rotates the bones to the correct angle to reach a specified control point. It also positions the second bone automatically to the end of the first.
How does it work? - Very simply. The plugin consists of only one action: Solve IK. This action takes a few parameters:
- Bone 1: This is the first bone in the chain.
- Bone 2: This is the second bone in the chain. It will be positioned to the end of the first bone.
- Relative distance: This is the relative distance from the end of the first bone where the second bone will be positioned. For example, a value of -5 would place it 5 pixels from the end of the first bone, while 5 will place it 5 pixels past the end of the first bone.
- Control Point: This object represents the point that the IK-chain is attempting to reach.
- Direction: This is the direction of the bend of the bones. With outward, the bend will point towards the right when the control point is below the first bone, while outward will point towards the left in the same circumstance(see the example for a better explanation).
This action must be called every frame. The objects picked are the same as object picking everywhere else.
IK Solver 2 - Example File
And that's about it. Be sure to leave your comments/questions. I'm calling this done for now, but if there's anything you want to see, let me know!
NOTE: I HIGHLY recommend upgrading to this version if you are already using the original. It fixes two major flaws with the original. The actions will have to be swapped out by hand due to incompatibility between the two versions.