[PLUGIN] Audiere Sound

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Antisuspend Plugin for Construct 3 prevents the runtime from getting suspended.
  • Is there any difference between using the Music actions and Sound actions? Because sound actions are lacking the option to repeat sounds plus "Set volume" doesn't seem to work for sounds.

• The condition returns that song is seekable, but setting position still doesn't work. Is this the limitation you're talking about or if it's seekable it should work.

What is the file format you're using? I've only tested setting position with wav files. As I recall if the music has stopped playing and you use set position you need to play it again to get it going.

Is there any difference between using the Music actions and Sound actions? Because sound actions are lacking the option to repeat sounds plus "Set volume" doesn't seem to work for sounds.

Music streams a file and Sounds load entirely into memory first. Sounds also are played using a feature of the audiere library where the sound is loaded only once and every time you play it another instance of the sound is played. An unfortunate side effect is the set volume action will only affect the most recently created instance of the sound.

• An unfortunate side effect is the set volume action will only affect the most recently created instance of the sound.

No, it's not just that. Set volume for sounds simply doesn't work at all. Try out a code like this:

+ System: Start of layout
    -> Audiere: Load Sound ("sample1.wav") as "sfx" (Play now: Yes, Volume: 100)
    + System: Every 100 milliseconds
    -> Audiere: Set Volume of sound "sfx" to Audiere.GetSoundVolume("sfx")-5[/code:2toxfxj5]
    The sample just keeps playing at volume 100 for the whole time.

Also, even if it worked, with a limitation like that (only being able to set the volume of the latest instance) it makes the whole thing pretty useless for my purposes (creating dynamic ambient soundscapes). Guess I'll have to resort to using the music actions for everything.
  • > The condition returns that song is seekable, but setting position still doesn't work. Is this the limitation you're talking about or if it's seekable it should work.

>

What is the file format you're using? I've only tested setting position with wav files. As I recall if the music has stopped playing and you use set position you need to play it again to get it going.

My bad, I was using too small numbers for setting position. I works flawlessly, perfect!

• Nice, I've been looking for something like this with Ogg support. Thanks for posting.

• Nice. I've been looking for something that can pause music. /stolen.=P

Would it be possible tom add a music queue?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Nice. I've been looking for something that can pause music. /stolen.=P

Would it be possible tom add a music queue?

Both XAudio2 and the Mod plugins can pause music, did it not work on your machine?

• Yes, but not channels.

• Yes, but not channels.

Ahhh, ok. Does this plugin also support time scaling?

• Where does this plugin load the sounds from? The same folder as the .exe? I have this on my events and it doesn't work...

-> Audiere: Load Sound ("C418 - little things - 01 kaffee.mp3") as "song" (Play now: no, Volume: 100)
    + On button clicked
    -> Audiere: Play music "song"[/code:313ig40l]

Help?
  • Where does this plugin load the sounds from? The same folder as the .exe? I have this on my events and it doesn't work...

-> Audiere: Load Sound ("C418 - little things - 01 kaffee.mp3") as "song" (Play now: no, Volume: 100)
    + On button clicked
    -> Audiere: Play music "song"[/code:3r7qpqos]

Help?

Yes, from the same folder as exe, but you have a mistake in your code. You're loading a sound and than you have an action where you're playing a music.

• Does the plugin cache all files (sounds/music) when I load them or are there some limits as with XAudio2 (no sounds bigger than i think 3mb and music is streamed)? I haven't noticed any significant slowdown yet, even when loading 30mb music files.

• Wow, that was dumb from me. >_< Thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT:

Still doesn't work. What the hell? Here's the cap:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14813307/song.cap

• AppPath & Location

Example

AppPath & "music/02 - Level Test.ogg"[/code:1c3byp49]
  • Does Audiere work as a Global Object?

I have two layouts - on 1 layout i have audiere set as global and some sounds to load - all play nice on that layout.

On layout 2 i want to play the same sounds but nothing seems to be playing. Even try to load again same sound on this layout with different alias name and still nothing, just silence.

It work only by inserting another Audiere object to this layout.

and one more question. Is it possible to change sound volume on the fly? i can only set volume for specific sounds before i play it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)