[PLUGIN] Texture Setter

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Dark, Mystical, Peaceful
  • [quote:1h1jk10v]What version of construct can this be used with?

Any version should work.

[quote:1h1jk10v]...or get examples in 1.1

I converted the examples to 0.99.96 here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5426011/plugins ... s09996.zip

• Awesome plugin. Is there a way to get this to work with particles? It didn't seem to work for me. It would be really useful if a sprite could be assigned to a particle emitter and also have an option to use a random frame or play the animated sequence.

• This plugin is a jump into future I say, one problem though - it works only in one layout for me. Anybody else expected such issues? You know I'm asking because I could do smth definitely wrong myself as usual. :S

• Is it safe to use it for pixelscalling? Is there any chances that it will work incorrect on some PCs, showing blank\black or distorted screen?

It's looks like it's best method for pixel art games, since it does: 1) snapping sprites position to actual pixels (no floating positions), 2) distorting sprite's edges when rotating, 3) no pain with fullscreen

Btw, is there any way to use similar technique with Python (DirectPython or something else)

• It should be fine for pixelscalling on any system.

• So what's up with one layout problem? I couldn't find a proper workaround for this...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So what's up with one layout problem? I couldn't find a proper workaround for this...

I haven't noticed this. Do you have a cap showing the bug?

• Ok, a simple test cap just to check if it works - press any key to go to layout 2. dl.dropbox.com/u/1306951/123.cap

2 objects in the right - sprite and canvas upon it, on the left - sprite that receives the texture from canvas. Sorry for a rough cap!

• Ok, a simple test cap just to check if it works - press any key to go to layout 2. dl.dropbox.com/u/1306951/123.cap

2 objects in the right - sprite and canvas upon it, on the left - sprite that receives the texture from canvas. Sorry for a rough cap!

The second layout has no event to set texture. However, there is also a bug. You'll need to use an Always event instead of a Start of layout event. Not sure if this causes performance issues, but it works.

I assume this bug is due to how other layouts load after the first...

Edit: Here is a cap of it working.

• Aaah, silly me, I would have never really guessed to do it this way! Jayjay, I owe you thousand thanks, you really helped me out, man! :3

• Aaah, silly me, I would have never really guessed to do it this way! Jayjay, I owe you thousand thanks, you really helped me out, man! :3

No problem =] Good luck on your game!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)