[PLUGIN] Audiere Sound

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Antisuspend Plugin for Construct 3 prevents the runtime from getting suspended.
  • Does Audiere work as a Global Object?

In this example, I made 2 layouts and global works fine.

Is it possible to change sound volume on the fly? i can only set volume for specific sounds before i play it.

Haven't tried sounds, only music where it works, but should be the same.

• that's strange. Global does not work for me at all. I have to insert Audiere to every layout i want to use :/

• Xaudio was/is a major pain, but I don't understand the "alias" part with the Audiere plugin. What is this "alias" supposed to be written like? Can someone post some lines of working events that make a sound file play with the Audiere plugin?

• Xaudio was/is a major pain, but I don't understand the "alias" part with the Audiere plugin. What is this "alias" supposed to be written like? Can someone post some lines of working events that make a sound file play with the Audiere plugin?

Its the name you give it for later use.

For example: I have a "Jump" sound. I would name the Alias "Jump".

• Yeah, that part I get, but I don't understand the overall structure of how it's all supposed to be put together. It's probably so simple that I'm just missing the obvious, but with Xaudio all I had to do was either put in the file name and location, or if it was to all be in the same folder I'd just input the AppPath and file name.

• It's almost the same here ie.

+System: Start of layout
    -> Audiere: Load Sound (AppPath + "game/sounds/laser.wav") as "laser"[/code:2pijrxly]

Where (AppPath + "game/sounds/laser.wav") is your sound file path, and
    "laser" - is your Alias.

Then when you want to play your sound you need to set ie.

[code:2pijrxly]+ Bullet: On collision between Bullet and Enemy
    -> Audiere: Play sound "laser"[/code:2pijrxly]

Just need to refer to the "laser" Alias whenever you want to play that sound.
  • Oh, I see. I got it. Thanks, Shinkan.

• I'm wondering if there is some tweaking needed with the volume setting in the plugin. In my cap, the difference between Volume 100 and Volume 10 isn't much at all, but it should be. If 100 is the loudest, then I should barely be able to hear 10 at all, if at all. On Volume 1 I can still hear it at the same level you'd image it to be at like 20 or so, but I shouldn't be able to. I also tried 0.1 and it's the same.

• It's strange, works fine for me. In my game i have all sounds at the same level (same level in waves) and one of my objects "forcefield" have volume=50 in Audiere, and it is 50% softer then the rest.

Only one thing makes my angre with audiere. Volume in exported game is much louder than in preview

• R0J0hound can you please add new action type that controls all music and all sound?

just like you have in every games.

Becouse if i ingame want to volume down or up ALL the music or ALL the sound effects i need to copy/paste each and every possible SFX and music into the event.

It is very importand to me.

• The plugin already has the ability to set the volume for everything with one action.

Group: Master

Action: Set Volume

I'll look into the other volume issues.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yes, exactly - for everything. so its leaves me with a choice of "sound" or "no sound".

Can you split the master volume into Music Master and SFX Master? preety please :)

• Actually, if you use [AppPath & "(ANYFOLDER)\mysound.wav"], you can expand it to any folder(s) in your game. :)

• Wait, no looping for sounds? What a shame!

• Wait, no looping for sounds? What a shame!

actualy i thought this too.

for my loops i either use them as "music" in audiere, or i loop them via events

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)