Help for Gamedistribution api (plugin) in Construct 3

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi, http://gamedistribution.com/ is a web where you can promote and monetize html5 games, they have hosted on your web the plugin for Construct2, which is very simple and works perfectly.

Could someone convert the plugin to Construct 3?

It does not have to be very difficult, I would enchant it, but I have no idea how to do it XD

If someone is so kind, I would appreciate it, and I am sure many others will too.

I leave the link where the Construct 2 plugin is: http://gamedistribution.com/api/

If someone guides me a little, I can try it myself, although I know very little of programming, that's why I use Construct XD

• On the other hand, I can't make GameDistribution plugin working even with Construct 2, even though I followed their instructions step-by-step.

When testing locally, from C2, I can see (in the console), messages about API getting initialized successfully, even the message about banner shown (no banner actually seen, but that's normal for most apis). However, when I upload the game to their system, I can't see api initialized and in their control panel there is a warning that api is not implemented at all.

I'd be grateful if anyone pointed me to an example capx of the successful implementation of Gamedistribution api for C2. GD is not answering to my messages.

• Ok, I have several games uploaded without problems.

This weekend, I will do a tutorial of the process to add the api so that you see it.

It works very well and is a good way to promote Html5 games, it would be nice to have the plugin for Construct 3.

Thanks for answering.

• Hi , I leave a tutorial on how to prepare and upload the games with the plugin in Construct 2.

Tom and Ashley , I think GameDistribution is a great page to be able to promote our games, converting the plugin to Construct 3 would be very good for Scirra.

https://youtu.be/CGme1LBd7Mo

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Did this api get converted to Construct 3?

• Did this api get converted to Construct 3?

No, the only way to do it at the moment is to put the code in the index.html file.

Let's see if someone is encouraged and carries the plugin for Construct 3

• Here's an auto convert of the plugin if you want to try.

However, I could not load my sample up to the gamedistribution.com website to test (seemed to hang in the upload state, I was uploading an html5 zip file renamed to <gamename>.hmtl5.)

Perhaps someone else can try (it does not seem to work in C3 preview mode due to CORS issues, which kind of makes sense, it may need to run on their website with appropriate CORS permissions, etc.)

gamedistribution.c3addon

Please let me know your results.

• Here's an auto convert of the plugin if you want to try.

However, I could not load my sample up to the gamedistribution.com website to test (seemed to hang in the upload state, I was uploading an html5 zip file renamed to <gamename>.hmtl5.)

Perhaps someone else can try (it does not seem to work in C3 preview mode due to CORS issues, which kind of makes sense, it may need to run on their website with appropriate CORS permissions, etc.)

gamedistribution.c3addon

Please let me know your results.

Pluging works correctly, add advertising, export to html5, unzip the .zip file, and re-compress with the "Send to" option in windows, rename the file gamename.zip to gamename.html5 and upload it.

It is true that it seems that hangs, but if you wait a little load well.

Thanks for the plugin, I think gamedistribution is a good site for independent developers.

I leave you the game I went up yesterday and it is working correctly:

https://gamedistribution.com/games/html5/hungry-bird-world.html

Greetings

• Glad it's working and that's a cute little game, fun to play. Did you only do the ad on game start? Do you have ads play at other times?

• Glad it's working and that's a cute little game, fun to play. Did you only do the ad on game start? Do you have ads play at other times?

I've put the ads on every 3 games, but they do not always come out. I do not know if something is wrong.

• Yes, sometimes there are problems with the automatic conversion, since I did not develop the original plugin, it will be tough for me to debug, perhaps send it back to gamedistribution.com to check it out. You can also take a look at the chrome browser debug console to see if you see some errors.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)