Drawing plugins now supported in r68

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • I also wanted to check in to see if any more progress had been made?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Quick question, so in order for the plugin to actually draw it has to be a "World" type plugin? is there a way to have a Single Global Plugin call the Draw function of the instance? SDKInstanceBase does not seem to have the Draw method where i can access the renderer, only SDKWorldInstanceBase.

so for the plugin i'm creating it's currently a single global plugin, which holds an array of x,y coord, on every draw call i'm trying to draw a line between all points, but since it's currently extending from SDKInstanceBase the Draw method is not being called.

• Yes, only world instances can draw.

• Does the C3 runtime now support dedicated mesh rendering functions? I'm a Creature user and learned this is required for efficient Creature support. Thanks.

• It's been possible for a long time already with the existing API as I previously described:

You can render meshes using quads. It simply means you draw two adjacent triangles at a time. If there are an odd number of triangles, you can issue a single triangle by issuing a quad with two points at the same position, i.e. a triangle and a degenerate triangle.

We don't have a dedicated mesh function yet, but it would only be a slight optimisation compared to that, so it doesn't seem essential.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)