Use the new Facebook Instant Games plugin?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • > You are not allowed to use Facebook API in an Instant Game. No other API at all are allowed for fetching user data.

> So you should not use the FB plugin at all.

>

> (You should fetch the player photo via Instant Games plugin instead)

Are you sure about that fredriksthlm? I was reading a tutorial here that says to add the Facebook plugin as well as the instant games plugin to your C3 project.

You're saying only the Instant Games plugin is needed?

Yes, I am sure. IG is a different SDK.

But yes you can add it if you want, its fine. It will add code to your project, and make your export bigger. Other than that no difference.

You cannot use it.

• Ok thanks fredriksthlm I'll be working on getting my games onto IG over next few days.

Can I ask if you've had much success with your games? How's the revenue?

• Ok thanks fredriksthlm I'll be working on getting my games onto IG over next few days.

Can I ask if you've had much success with your games? How's the revenue?

For me, ecpm 1-4. Avarage 1.3

• 2011 is when the tutorial below was written. Ie, isn't this VERY OUT OF DATE? Do you want beginners like me to look it?

Check out Instant Games documentation in order to see what kind of files they expect, and publish accordingly.

Apparently you have to make a Facebook app. So I guess this tutorial could be relevant : https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/58/how ... ebook-game

Otherwise, as mentioned, the manual is updated on stabler releases, and I guess a tutorial could be written at some point as well.

• > Ok thanks fredriksthlm I'll be working on getting my games onto IG over next few days.

> Can I ask if you've had much success with your games? How's the revenue?

For me, ecpm 1-4. Avarage 1.3

THANK YOU for sharing!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Hi. I'm trying to display user's avatar in my FB instant game. Does anyone has experience with that? I've already added the Facebook plugin with appID and app secret. I tried to use it to log in then get user's avatar but it seems not work. Btw, I don't know if we need to log in when we already play instant game on our messages.

>

You are not allowed to use Facebook API in an Instant Game. No other API at all are allowed for fetching user data.

So you should not use the FB plugin at all.

(You should fetch the player photo via Instant Games plugin instead)

THIS! WOW this should be in BOLD at the TOP of the docs.

Ashley the docs for this are super confusing. I'm sure you're busy. Can you sub out documenting Facebook Instant Games 101 to fredriksthlm? reward him somehow for writing a tutorial, and make sure his tutorial is what newbies like me encounter? His forum posts are awesome but it's really hard to find and easy to find bad advice first.

• There is already documentation for the Instant Games plugin here, which also links to Facebook's official documentation for guides on things like testing and publishing. I also added a note to the top of the Facebook plugin documentation saying it's not compatible with Instant Games.

• There is already documentation for the Instant Games plugin here, which also links to Facebook's official documentation for guides on things like testing and publishing. I also added a note to the top of the Facebook plugin documentation saying it's not compatible with Instant Games.

Thank you! That note helps.

There's still lots more that's unclear to me. It feels like answers are scattered among Scirra docs, Facebook docs, Scirra forums, other forums, some of which conflict with each other.

So, I still wish for a tutorial written by someone who just got their first instant game working. As a newbie, I learn best from someone who just did what I'm doing. They know what isn't clear from existing docs (experts are too immersed to realize what newbies do and don't see!).

(And, who will write this well? I still think Scirra would be wise to reward anyone who writes a good tutorial on a key topic. It's a lot of work, and steals time from making games...)

• just ask if there is something you don't understand. it is the easiest plugin/platform that exists. read the full sdk, every function, before you start. and be sure that you really understand it.

just to verify, do you have an apple dev id?

(and fyi, no new games have been reviewed/approved to the platform for over two months)

• We deliberately avoid duplicating official documentation (in this case Facebook's own Instant Games guides) because they go out of date quickly. We're a small team and having to regularly re-write all our documentation every time anything so much as the web design changes is loads of work and basically never happens, and would leave incorrect documentation behind, which is even more confusing. So we just point people to the official source. There shouldn't be any contradictory information though - do point that out if you find anything and we can try to clarify.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)