Pathfinding not working after HTML5 Export

  • Hey! I'm currently using a free version of Construct 3 and working on an old project I made on Construct 2 initially.

    I want my character to move to a designated point whenever I click on screen (click & go). It's working just fine when I preview it in the engine, but the character remains stuck in the actual build when I export it and host it online (both in Chrome & Firefox)

    Any thought about why this could happen?

    EDIT: More details:

    • I'm hosting it on itch.io at the moment (so there's https and I didn't have the same issue when the file was on Construct 2)
    • I even tried locally using MAMP and it's not working on MAMP. The pathfinding is only working in the preview of the engine, otherwise the character remains stuck.
  • Alright I made lots of other tests today, here's what I found:

    • Pathfinding doesn't work when diagonals are disabled after export, even if there's 0 obstacle along the way. I made a blank project with just 2 squared sprites and nothing else to try this.
    • In general, I think there's a difference between the engine's preview & the game played in browser regarding obstacle detection and/or cell size/border: the Sprite is able to go around the obstacles easily in the engine's preview. When it's uploaded as HTML5, the Sprite remains stuck whenever there's any obstacle along the way.

    Thoughts?

  • I'd suggest uploading an example that replicated the issue, but from what you've said it sounds like the cells aren't set right.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can't post any links at the moment since my post count is too low, unfortunately!

    Here are the parameters I'm currently using for the pathfinding:

    Cell size: 30
    Border cell: -1
    Obstacles: Solid[/code:laraxzxb]
     
    It's working fine in the preview, but not online. 
    
    Note: I posted a bug report on Github, apparently "the emitted script tag URL was wrong. This should be fixed for r65." (Bug #956)
    Not sure how/if it'll resolve all the issues related to pathfinding, but I'll wait until then to see if there's any improvement.
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)