How do I export a Construct3 project to Xcode if I'm missing an addon?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Resources: I have an iMAC, a PC, and a license for Construct2 / Construct3.

Goal: I have a project which was originally created in Construct2. I want to export it to Xcode to submit it to Apple's App Store.

Problem: I cannot open the project in Construct3 because it uses an addon that I have not found for Construct3: Plugin BBcode Text (rex_bbcodeText)

Questions:

- If I can open the project on the iMAC with Construct3 then I can export it for Xcode. How can I do this without having the addon in Construct3 format?

Alternatively,

- If I can export the project on the PC with Construct2 to Xcode that would work. How should I export it for use with Xcode?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • . . . it appears that the answer to "how do I export a Construct3 project to Xcode if I'm missing an addon" is:

you can't

• I might be wrong but it’s possible that C3 has BBcode functionality built in now. Can you remove that functionality from your C2 project and save then try to open it in C3 and add the functionality back in in C3 if you need to?

• Thank you for your response! I'll give that a try tonight.

• Thanks again.

Yes, BBCode functionality does exist using the C3 Runtime. Unfortunately that has presented its own problems and so I will probably have to wait a while to revisit exporting this game for ios.

• . . . it appears that the answer to "how do I export a Construct3 project to Xcode if I'm missing an addon" is:

you can't

You can. See Using C3 to build C2 mobile exports

• Thank you! That worked perfectly (and quickly) to get the project into Xcode with no build errors.

Unfortunately it would not run on our test phone. (It loaded but then did not respond to screen inputs.)

But the App Store allowed me to submit it and so I'll wait to see what Apple has to say.

• This morning the game went live on the App Store. Thank you for your help; the export process is surprisingly easy.

Feel free to check it out (it's a serious game about consent but is very family-friendly and does not include any reference to assaults).

ADRIFT itunes.apple.com/us/app/adrift/id1426208859

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)