How can I reload the offline version?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
A sound pack containing 132 laser gun sound effects, including mono and stereo versions of audio files.
  • Hi all,

Can you help me with the following problem please?

When the internet connection is broken, then Construct 3 stops working. It seems that the offline version did not download and install properly.

Can you tell me, how I can reload and reinstall the offline version, so that I can also work when I do not have an internet connection? Does the offline version also work when working with your personal account?

Thank you very much for your help, which is very much appreciated.

Chris

• i believe every time you open construct it checks for updates and installs the latest. if re opening the editor doesnt work, look for the link to the update info, it should have something along the lines of "Get r.44 now!"

• Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I tried your suggestion, however it did not work. One should expect that the offline version is automaticly loaded once a new version is available. However, for some reason, this does not happen. I still get the same error.

Because I also work at locations where I do not have access to the internet, I have to use Construct 2 as long as this problem is not resolved.

Chris

• Thank you Revocado to reply here, despite I cannot see your post for some reason.

Whatever I tried, even removing and reinstalling Chrome, nothing seems to work. When there is no internet connection, I cannot use Construct 3.

Regretfully the offline feature is mandatory for me. This should be an issue which is top priority for Scirra because it makes Construct 3 useless and unreliable in locations with poor or no internet connection.

Maybe providing a "Load offline" or "Reload offline" version is a good idea. In this way we can make sure the offline version is correctly installed before we go to a location where there is no internet.

I hope Scirra takes this subject serious because this kind of failures are showstoppers.

Chris

• Thank you Revocado to reply here, despite I cannot see your post for some reason.

Whatever I tried, even removing and reinstalling Chrome, nothing seems to work. When there is no internet connection, I cannot use Construct 3.

Regretfully the offline feature is mandatory for me. This should be an issue which is top priority for Scirra because it makes Construct 3 useless and unreliable in locations with poor or no internet connection.

Maybe providing a "Load offline" or "Reload offline" version is a good idea. In this way we can make sure the offline version is correctly installed before we go to a location where there is no internet.

I hope Scirra takes this subject serious because this kind of failures are showstoppers.

Chris

• Hello everyone,

A few days ago I sent an email to Scirra support with the explanation of my problem. Today I received a reply with the answer to this problem from Julien.

Forcing a refresh by pressing "CTRL" - "F5" solved my problem.

I can now use Construct 3 both offline and online.

A special "thank you" to Julien, for his outstanding engagement and support.

Wish you all the best!

Chris

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am running into a similar problem but with playing the offline preview on my game project...as soon as I'm offline than the preview doesn't work. I am using the mobile version on a galaxytab4. This is amazing to know that this kind of game engine is able to run on a mobile device ..by the way! Any ideas?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)