Facebook sharing, publish_actions permisson deleted?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • Hi all!

I'm trying to add some facebook features in my game, for example the possibility of sharing scores with your friends, but as i was researching for the right permissions to add in the code, i found out facebook has deleted publish_actions permisson in their breaking changes from August 1st and alternatively, if we want to let the users of our app share to Facebook, we need to use their sharing products. i looked onto it but didnt quite understand how to proceed with sdk and what not. Does anyone have an idea how to proceed? thanks for any help!

• pretty much all of this is shut down by facebook.

This is what you want:

developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing

• right, i had a look into it but i didnt fully understand how you make this work with construct and fb plugin. do i just give standard permissions and code as i would've before or do i need to set up the sdk from android studio? thanks fredriksthlm

• I think this plugin is what you want.

construct.net/make-games/addons/129/social-sharing

• Awesome, thanks a lot for your help mate!

• hi , how it works ?

i try to share image or text but it not share

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I still haven't tested my game, still working on it, but i'll update you as soon as i do. Did you try using the plugin?

• yes , not work for me (((

• just an update: i'm trying to get the facebook login to work but no way i could make it work. if anyone has an idea how to implement that i'd really appreciate your help

• I think this plugin is what you want.

https://www.construct.net/make-games/addons/129/social-sharing

Hi :) , I tried this plugins on C3 and export .apk for android.. seems it is not working completely.

I use "System > Snapshot canvas" to get the image of the game score, and dont know how to integrate it in the "social-sharing" plugins..

It show the android native sharing box, you can choose what kind of apps which intalled on your devices..

It share text through WhatsApp status but not the image, nothing loaded when I choose facebook, it just showing facebook's posting interface..

Anyone facing the same problem ?

edit :

Looks like that social sharing plugins only share text/string..

cannot load images at all

github.com/shortercode/Construct-Social-Share-Plugin/commit/ee4e0a1344fb6c494347db814492e33549e6ef3e

• Hi! I'm not sure about that since i ended up using the share intent url provided by facebook and twitter, i found it's way easier to implement and you don't need any login, permissions or SDK.

• Hi! I'm not sure about that since i ended up using the share intent url provided by facebook and twitter, i found it's way easier to implement and you don't need any login, permissions or SDK.

Can I do that "share intent url" in Construct 2/3 ? or there is another requirement to make it done ?

• Yes you can do it its really easy but it's done with the Browser object and you won't be able to customize the post too much. So basically how i did it is go to sharelinkgenerator.com and in the url section ive put in my google play app url, then, since you can't add text in facebook posts anymore, but you can add a quote so add: & quote= whatever you want to write. Same for twitter but for twitter you dont need to add "& quote="

In the end you should get something like facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php

Twitter

twitter.com/intent/tweet

Then i just created buttons and ->on button touch-> browser go to url

I hope this helps you out!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)