When First stable release of c3 comes out ?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • Title says it all

• I wonder too

• That's easy, when the amount of bugs is low enough for them to consider it stable. You could possibly read dev responses to see when they hope to reach that point but that's just an estimate.

• Actually im looking for stable version because of an standalone app as its a pain to use construct 3 preview to test a game with multiplayer plugin.

• We hope to have a stable release out within a couple of months - the software's in good shape already, but there's a few other pieces we need in place before we feel like we can say it's ready for broad usage. A new set of tutorials aimed at C3 and Paypal payments are two major ones.

• I am using Construct 3 since it first was released. I do not do professional game development on this moment. However, I am following Construct 2 tutorials (in Construct 3) and I did not came across any showstopping bugs.

During the last 2 months, I cannot remember any crashes anymore. On this moment, I can honestly say that I am glad I start using Construct 3 and never looked back to Construct 2. I opened Construct 2, just to keep it up to date but that is all.

For users coming from Construct 2 or who are not used to Cloud computing, saving can be somewhat a problem. In Construct 2 you save your projects onto your local disk together with its assets. That is not really possible with Construct 3. When you are serious, you need to save to the cloud. You can only save your project file to the cloud, not your assets. To keep the full project organised, I create a directory for the full project. Then I store my project file into that directory and create an assets directory where I copy all assets (images, sprites, sound, music, ...) into. In this way the assets keep together with the project. However, you actually link your assets from the local disk. So it is important to synchronise the two. I am using GoogleDrive. Saving to the cloud is easy once you know how to do it. Also when your local disk crashes, you still have your work.

I find it an advantage, using Construct 3 since its initial release because in all those months, I accumulated a lot of new knowledge and got used to it. The free edition is very limited, so it is better to use a subscription so you can use the full product.

If you do not like the browser feeling, you can let it run from your desktop without the browser look and feel. Most of the times I do that, especially when working on my own projects. When following Udemy courses, it is much more handy to run it on its separate browser tab.

Construct 2 is the past, Construct 3 is the future.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We hope to have a stable release out within a couple of months - the software's in good shape already, but there's a few other pieces we need in place before we feel like we can say it's ready for broad usage. A new set of tutorials aimed at C3 and Paypal payments are two major ones.

fortunately C3 and C2 are very similar in UI and nearly all tutorials for C2 are usable for C3 unless those tutorials included with unsupported plugins.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)