Welcome to the new forums

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • You can do [img=https://www.construct.net/out?u=https%3a%2f%2fi.imgur.com%2fYOghrnM.png]

• How do i unfollow threads?

I dont need an alert every time someone posts in the "introduce yourself" thread.

• Also edit post isn't working for me.

It says the posts being edited but whats displayed is the old message, when you go to edit it again it shows the edited message.

• Also edit post isn't working for me.

It says the posts being edited but whats displayed is the old message, when you go to edit it again it shows the edited message.

Reloading the page a few times helps for me. (Ctrl-F5)

• How do i unfollow threads?

i need to know this too

• Toggle the "Following" button next to Post Reply?

• Great... just read the old private messages were removed a few weeks ago ....

Not so great really ... had lots of messages with references in there....

The forum is in shambles .... what a lousy transition .. this happened a few years ago to ...

Perhaps hire a professional web developer? Ashley

Because this is slowly killing of the appeal of the construct tools ....

Namely ... a decent forum community ...

• Great... just read the old private messages were removed a few weeks ago ....

Not so great really ... had lots of messages with references in there....

We announced they would be removed a few weeks ahead of when we did it.

The forum is in shambles .... what a lousy transition .. this happened a few years ago to ...

There's issues yes, but they are being resolved. Before you can make something better it has to work, and we always release early and often. It happened a few years ago to because moving from forum software to forum software is really tricky, we went WebWiz -> PHPBB -> Custom. There are no premade import/export tools for any of those transitions.

Perhaps hire a professional web developer? Ashley

That would be me, and we've also just hired Phill a new web developer. So you'll see lots of changes throughout the year.

What else about the forum is in "shambles" apart from formatting and search not yet available? Seems like hyperbole to me, it's working, it's far more reliable and faster than previously. There are issues, but they'll be ironed out over time.

• What else about the forum is in "shambles" apart from formatting and search not yet available?

Tom, I may sound like a broken record, but the biggest issue is missing/not working links in posts.

Just now I was trying to find a way to convert from RGB to HSL, found several topics where people have provided working solutions, but all links to capx files in those posts are gone! Google and WebArchive don't have them in cache, so what am I supposed to do??

Please find a way to restore the links or give us access to the old forum archive.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, you're right and I will work to restore these. The timing is unfortunate as I'll be away for a couple of weeks on a much needed break but this is important to me to fix.

• Releasing "early and often" is fine for things where you can continue using the old one if the new one gets broken. I'd probably change that policy for website stuff.

• Releasing "early and often" is fine for things where you can continue using the old one if the new one gets broken. I'd probably change that policy for website stuff.

New forum is functional, faster and far more reliable. I anticipated fixing formatting and some broken links would be solved quicker, but apart from that "broken" seems like completely the wrong word.

The old forum has regular outages, painfully slow page loads & regularly logged people out.

• Most new websites get launched ... working...

• Most new websites get launched ... working...

Edited your post to remove the aggressiveness, this is a warning to you if you don't post more constructively and less aggressively you will get a temp ban from the forum.

Happy to receive constructive criticism.

I'm proud of what I've done, people are posting and conversing on here. It's working. It's different. I'm working on improving it a lot. Just be patient.

• I think this one is already known, right?

Anyway, an "add image to post" would be awesome after uploading an image.

WebWiz -> PHPBB -> Custom

Custom? But why? Don't get me wrong, it's cool to do your custom stuff. I often do that myself, but sometimes it seems to be a case of "reinventing the wheel". Often you will have to solve problems that are already solved in established products.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)