Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • lucid

It's great to have you back. We have experienced a lot of issues porting to / using Construct 3 with the current Spriter Plugin. But fortunately you're here now and aware of the situation.

Thanks a lot for dealing this with pace. We look forward to the Construct 3 stable version.

• lucid

Thanks a lot for the news. Looking forward to the the updated plug-in. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid While you're at it. Can you please upgrade the plugin to the C3 runtime. Thank You.

• Hello again everyone. Sorry I've been away. I've been working on Spriter 2 related things, but I will fix the spritesheet issues. I filed a bug as per Ashley 's suggestion, and it should be simple to update the plugin once the SDK supports animations.

I made an attempt to circumvent the issue using images instead of animations under the hood, and it doesn't seem like there'll be an easy way to do it without breaking projects and redoing a lot of work on the plugin.

Thanks for your patience again everyone.

Hey Lucid, thank you so much for your work on Spriter!

I just wanted to let you know that the issue of having spriter objects showing the wrong image when you have more than one scon in the project is due to the way C3 bundles sprites into a spritesheet. And therefore with Spriter, we are essentially adding the spritesheets into a bigger sprite sheet without updating the json information in the scon file to account for that.

I don't know if an easy solution would be to set the spriter objects as tiled sprites rather than sprites? Tiled sprites get their own spritesheet, and so that would avoid this issue.

Either way - good luck, and many thanks for reviewing the issue!

• Hey guys,

I found a temporary workaround for the sprite sheet problem in C3. When you export your sprite sheet from Spriter (with the scon file) use the padding to make sure that all of your exported sprite sheets you use in C3 are about the same size. My main character sprite sheet is about 1700 x 1700 and my enemies are 1500 x 1500 and it works! The characters show correctly in C3 (in the C2 runtime, of course, the plugin doesn't work in C3 runtime yet).

Hope this helps! Thanks a lot to lucid, Ashley and everyone working on this.

Stef

• Hello everyone. Sorry for the long delay, and thanks for your patience. This should solve the issue:

download here

• lucid where's the download link?? I guess you forgot to add it.

• Drago_18 fixed the link

• Thank you so much for all your work lucid! Can't wait to see the C3 runtime plugin! Thanks again!

• Works perfectly, thanks a lot! :)

• Just wanted to say a HUGE thank you! That resolved the issue :)

• Looking forward to see Spriter on C3 runtime!

Best of luck on Spriter 2. Will there be a separate plugin for S2 exclusively or you will just update the old one instead?

• XpMonster - thank you. There will be a new runtime for Spriter 2.

• Hello again everyone. Just a progress update. Nothing to report on the C3 runtime, and that will likely take a while to get to. But, I started working with the Custom Importer API, and there are a few cool things on that front.

The new import process will be able to import your drag and dropped Spriter project whether you're using the Self-Drawing method or the classic separate sprite methods. It will automatically determine which type of project it is and import it correctly with no additional steps.

This means that when importing atlased projects, it will automatically set the draw self and filename properties, as well as set the image up in the scml object. It will also automatically take the steps necessary for hybrid style importing, like creating collision boxes and importing sounds for draw-self projects.

While it will be necessary to zip your Spriter projects to import them, it will no longer be necessary to save both an scml and a scon file when importing your project with separate sprites.

Finally, once the events are working in the SDK, I believe it should also be possible to make it automatically set up the basic sound events for you as well when your project contains sounds.

I have to wait on Ashley to fix and add a couple of things before I can complete and release the updated plugin version.

• Thanks a lot lucid! We really are looking forward to your updates! 😃✨👍

You still do plan to upgrade to the C3Runtime after the Custom Importer?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)