Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hi lucid,

Further to Morganov 's report, I created a simple project file that shows exactly what happens when you import more than one Spriter spritesheet to C3 (I'm using the latest beta r98). Here's the Google Drive link to my .cp3 file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lNvai ... sVvZCDXXs_

The first Spriter import works great, but any other imports after that will refer to the first spritesheet instead of its own.

Thanks for your help!

Stef

• Ashley - I tried that, and I get:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '3' of null

• It sounds like texture_data is null. It's added automatically by the runtime if the plugin specifies the texture flag. Are you using animations instead? That uses a different system. Animations aren't actually supported in the C3 SDK right now, so if you are somehow using that already, please file a bug about it to make sure the implementation is completed.

• It sounds like texture_data is null. It's added automatically by the runtime if the plugin specifies the texture flag. Are you using animations instead? That uses a different system. Animations aren't actually supported in the C3 SDK right now, so if you are somehow using that already, please file a bug about it to make sure the implementation is completed.

Hi, thanks for your quick reply lucid and Ashley

Just to clarify a bit, I followed the instructions on page 1 of this thread to the letter, using the "spritesheet" (I just import the spritesheet in the Spriter animation window under the "Animation 1" name, I don't change it) and import the "scon" file method and the C2 runtime in advanced section of C3. If I try to select the C3 runtime, it does say that the addon is not supported yet.

Another thing I noticed is that if all of the spritesheets I import are all pretty much the same size, I got it to work! But if one of them is way bigger, then the bug appears and all of the other Spriter objects use that big spritesheet instead of their own.

Please let me know if you'd like me to try anything at my end or log it as a bug.

Thanks a lot!

Stef

• Sorry for double-posting, here's what I mean by "Spriter spritesheets of the same size weem to work!":

When I import the Spriter files (scon and spritesheet) for the Skeleton and Spider (from the Spriter Pro Adventure Art pack), both spritesheets are pretty much the same size (spider 469X469 and skeleton 369X369) and everything seems to be working in the preview:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rqrp1n ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oEpA_ ... g6SLbhtblu

But when I add the Goblin (spritesheet is 1403 X 1403), then the other 2 Spriter files stop working and get their texture from the Goblin's spritesheet:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wwbWR ... DTN2WD_6_M

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XJYRP ... djHrbr0KmO

Hope this helps!

Stef

• I bought a license for C3 to finish my C2 projects and havent even been able to import them yet waiting on this... license expires in a few months...

• Well, I'm using Spriter and without the plugin, my game is going to get pretty heavy. So, is there a plugin that's working yet? The download link on the inital topic message is broken, and I can't really find the plugin anywhere for C3.

• I do not know if it's the latest one, but it's the one I have

C3.addon

drive.google.com/file/d/16MDh-5bkKizJQuaoVggMX4oa1RyIZ61F/view

But I do not know if it will help you, I'm having problems with my animations, this has happened since Construct2.

• lucid

I still have the same texture problem when I import the animations, I made a new video showing what happens.

drive.google.com/file/d/13fYZT4I3YiHUcnW2sqLUCT4f1lzw2V-g/view

• Thanks vubidugil, but it's really a shame that we still don't have Spriter support, it's tough making a serious game like that, mostly since your game will be around 30 times bigger without Spriter plugin support.

• lucid Any news on this?

• I also need Spriter for C3 very badly, and the link on the first page is dead.

Any news about that lucid ?

Thanks! :)

[EDIT] I just noticed the link works again, thanks!

• Hello lucid ,

I have a problem with Spriter in Construct 3 which I didn't have in C2.

If I have two or more SCML objects visible on the same layout, only one object is displayed correctly. The other objects are drawn using the correctly displayed objet's spritesheet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lucid

New news.

The Construct 3 - Spriter Plugin has problems with Sprite-sheeting. Construct 3 combines images including Spriter Images. So, what happens, is that, the SCML plugin can display the wrong image.

So, the game developers that had ported from Construct 2 to Construct 3 also have broken games. Please, help us out on this by making a stable version of the Spriter Plugin.

Thanks.

• Hello again everyone. Sorry I've been away. I've been working on Spriter 2 related things, but I will fix the spritesheet issues. I filed a bug as per Ashley 's suggestion, and it should be simple to update the plugin once the SDK supports animations.

I made an attempt to circumvent the issue using images instead of animations under the hood, and it doesn't seem like there'll be an easy way to do it without breaking projects and redoing a lot of work on the plugin.

Thanks for your patience again everyone.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)