Spriter C3 Addon (8-16-2021 Bug fixes)

5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • any update for the plugin yet?? p.s. when will spriter 2 release?

• nycgio There is an additional way to import Spriter files in both C2 and C3. Instead of using individual sprites, the plugin draws all of the images itself. The plugin runs much faster and uses less ram with this method, so unless you need separate sprite objects (for instance, to add an effect to some of the sprites that make up your character, but not others), you should always use this method. The import process is completely different than the other method. It looks like a lot of steps, but it's easy and quick to do once you know how.

The first step is to have Spriter figure out the bounding boxes of each animation. This tells the scml plugin how much space it needs to draw each animation.

To do this, click here:

Use these settings:

You only need to do this the first time you export it, or when you add a new animation. This only affects the bounding box of the animation (anything outside this box isn't drawn), so if you're tweaking animations and testing the game repeatedly, you don't need to do this every time.

When you're ready to export, go here:

The settings I've marked in red are all mandatory. The other settings on the left you can tweak as you like. Spriter saves all of the settings in this dialog, so you don't have to check these every time.

Next, click the dots next to base filename to choose the filename. You need to save it to a separate folder from your main project, and the filename you choose will apply to both the spritesheet and the scon file. Click Ok to complete the export.

In Construct, create your scml file as you would any other object. Right click - insert new object - scml.

When you add the object, C2 will open up the image editing dialog the same way it does when you add a standard sprite object.

In the image editing dialog, click the folder icon to load an image, and choose the spritesheet png that you just exported.

Import the corresponding scon file by right clicking on Files in the Project Pane and choosing Import Files, and selecting the file:

And lastly, in the properties pane, set scml filename to the name of the scon file, and make sure that draw self is set to true.

That should do it. Lemme know if you have any issues.

Why I can't save it?

• any update for the plugin yet?? p.s. when will spriter 2 release?

I apologize. I thought I had replied back here about it after I heard back from Ashley. The ability to import individual sprites needs to wait for the Custom Importer for the C3 plugin sdk to be a little further along. It is on the Ashley's todo list, though.

Don't forget you can still import and use the animations in C3 using the other method quoted in xahdy's thread. As for Spriter2 - Unfortunately, I still can't give an ETA or any concrete information for multiple reasons. I can say we're making steady progress. We should be able to give some better info by the end of next month.

Why I can't save it?

When the outline of the spritesheet is red, as in your screenshot, it means the spritesheet isn't large enough to hold all of the sprites. On the bottom left of your screenshot, where you have 'max' set to 1024. Just change 'max' to 'target', which I believe is the default. This should fix it.

• I imported a scon file and a scml file but the animation does not work. how to configure it in construct 3?

pp.userapi.com/c824409/v824409249/c0d91/gZRudfe3ATQ.jpg

pp.userapi.com/c824409/v824409249/c0d9b/usX_S9OOlaA.jpg

pp.userapi.com/c824409/v824409249/c0dc1/CqsI7_8YXdM.jpg

• forum is dead?

• arrow_apollo - I apologize for the slow reply. It's been a hectic last couple of weeks. Did you have the options set in Spriter for C2 :

• Hello ..I am using Spriter addon in my ios game. but spriter object not working..It work in safari on ios and mac but not working when I export it to ios via xcode..no crash, no error.. but character not show in game..Pls help!!

• Looking forward to more updates, keep up the good work Lucid, and thanks for your work so far👌

• Thanks for implementing the spriter plugin! Been using it in my project and discovered a fixable bug after much head scratching!!

It seems that when using spritesheet (spriter importation method) animations some anims rendered properly and others were rendering random parts of images from elsewhere in the project. Turns out its to do with the way C3 uses its own spritesheets. If the Spriter Spritesheet happens to be in the top left corner of the C3 Spritesheet everything is fine. If there are any other images in that corner of the C3 spritesheet it will wrongly use them.

You'd never notice if not working on a big project with lots of sprites as opposed to a blank canvass test!

Would greatly appreciate a fix. And thanks again for the awesome tools/work!

• Hello ..I am using Spriter addon in my ios game. but spriter object not working..It work in safari on ios and mac but not working when I export it to ios via xcode..no crash, no error.. but character not show in game..Pls help!!

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I don't have an ios device to test with at the moment. Can you check if it will load if you either restart the scene, or make additional instances of the same character after the level loads?

Looking forward to more updates, keep up the good work Lucid, and thanks for your work so far??

Thank you very much.

Thanks for implementing the spriter plugin! Been using it in my project and discovered a fixable bug after much head scratching!!

It seems that when using spritesheet (spriter importation method) animations some anims rendered properly and others were rendering random parts of images from elsewhere in the project. Turns out its to do with the way C3 uses its own spritesheets. If the Spriter Spritesheet happens to be in the top left corner of the C3 Spritesheet everything is fine. If there are any other images in that corner of the C3 spritesheet it will wrongly use them.

You'd never notice if not working on a big project with lots of sprites as opposed to a blank canvass test!

Would greatly appreciate a fix. And thanks again for the awesome tools/work!

o you're saying it does not happen on large projects, but does happen on a blank canvas test? Ashley, is there some check I need to do on the texture to detect if it has been rotated in the spritesheet before rendering, or does this sound like some other type of problem? I couldn't find anything in the api documentation about it, and this issue wasn't ever reported in the C2 version with the same code.

• Hopefully these images help illustrate it. I drew 'TEST' into the corner of the sprite i noticed it was referencing from. Always happens on the same C3 spritesheet the spriter spritesheet has been placed on.

What i mean by large project vs blank canvass is that on a 'blank canvass' (new project) youd never notice this while testing as there would be no other sprites in the C3 spritesheet to confuse the referencing and the spriter spritesheet would i guess be in the top left corner of the C3 spritesheet where it references from so it would appear to work fine.

gdurl.com/7Uxc

gdurl.com/kbzf

Sorry about the links, wasn't sure how to resize image in BB Code

• Morganov - I see one of those is the spritesheet, but I'm not sure what is it's supposed to look like vs how it ends up. Can you post an image of the correct result, vs the incorrect one?

• Sorry for not explaining - in the second image I linked you can see the C3 spritesheet as shown in the project tools of construct 3. For clarity i drew a couple of red boxes over the image - One to show the mouth image it is supposed to be referencing (lower down in C3 Spritesheet but top left of the spriter spritesheet (the first mouth)) and one to show where it incorrectly references (top left of C3 Spritesheet where i drew 'TEST' within that particular 'straw robe' sprite).

So basically it should look like a mouth (Its only a simple animation). Additionally - I'm pretty sure its not a problem with that particular animation as I have seen this occur with other spriter spritesheets i have imported.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • C3 still does not rotate images on spritesheets, but it does spritesheet all kinds of objects (except for Tiled Background), whereas C2 only spritesheeted Sprites specifically.

So C3 plugins that draw an image need a few tweaks to make sure they support spritesheeted images. Use this code in typeProto.onCreate to determine the image bounds:

this.spriteX = this.texture_data[3];
    this.spriteY = this.texture_data[4];
    this.spriteWidth = this.texture_data[5];
    this.spriteHeight = this.texture_data[6];[/code:3ut6fbzx]
  • > Hello ..I am using Spriter addon in my ios game. but spriter object not working..It work in safari on ios and mac but not working when I export it to ios via xcode..no crash, no error.. but character not show in game..Pls help!!

>

Hello. Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I don't have an ios device to test with at the moment. Can you check if it will load if you either restart the scene, or make additional instances of the same character after the level loads?

Thanks for reply Lucid.. I think Characters are load but not render in layout ..I was changed my code to sprite base system and now It was published..I used Char Map for my game.Using sprite sheet for all Char Map is need more tex memory .

Here is that game in Apple store using c3 and export with xcode..

itunes.apple.com/us/app/table-frog/id1231754798

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)