So What Is Your Second Impression of C3 And Will You Buy?

From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!

So Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread or is that your plan to use them to drive me off the website?

People are watching and they see what is going on.

"* Modular event features, aimed at capabilities like building plugins out of events "

Yeah, and I have to wait, again, to maybe get it.

Meanwhile I have to invest anything I've made with them back into it.

To be honest Im just about finished with everything gamedev related, it's all just become so depressing.

C'mon man, cheer up... Gamedev is not easy. I've been working two years on the same game and not even done yet, but I wouldn't blame it on the tool. It's the easiest I've found so far. Even if i'm stuck or don't know how to do something, I'll figure it out eventually.

The reason I find it hard to finish my project is I would rather blame on, laziness, full time job, full time wife, friday after work beer, hangovers, etc. Without C2 i wouldn't even have made it this far, I would probably still be on my first few lines of code, swearing why the hell it's not doing anything that I want at all... LOL

Pushing all our needs and desires to the small C3 team doesn't solve anything. Instead we need to learn to work with the tools we have at our disposal. Maybe your next project can take advantage of the upcoming features .... but waiting for stuff, is not the way to go.

A lot of people here want this and that. I also want stuff... But I'm not gonna sit on my ass blaming the Scirra devs for not providing me with exactly what I need. That's a pretty Lame excuse for not following your dream of developing your own games.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

We're all watching alright. It's like a train wreck.

So Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread or is that your plan to use them to drive me off the website?

You're now banned for accusing me of trying to manipulate people into driving you off the website.

Everyone else feel free to continue discussing your thoughts on C3 so far.

lamar

Your persistent passive-aggressive trolling to get a ban clearly isnt working for you. I do find it entertaining to watch though and would gladly pay $99 per year just to see you getting shot down time after time!

edit: lol

Sorry Ashley if I misrepresented it but I was sure the first time I read that blog it said you were going to let C2 sunset?

Just to be clear to any users who may be worried about this, we are going to continue to maintain Construct 2 for the foreseeable future much as we have been doing over the past year, as we have repeatedly said in all our posts recently. Please ignore any statements to the contrary, especially if they don't link to the source, which is obviously really easy to do on the web.

> So Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread or is that your plan to use them to drive me off the website?

>

> People are watching and they see what is going on.

>

You're now banned for accusing me of trying to manipulate people into driving you off the website.

Can you feel it? It's a brand new day! Now, my feelings about C3 now are this:

• I like the overall feel of it. It's familiar to C2 but slicker.
    • I like how fast it loads.
    • I like that I can make something as quick as I could in C2.
    • I don't like that it's in the browser. It makes me feel constricted when using it. Mental thing, I'm sure.
    • I don't like the subscription model, but I've paid for Adobe subs before, so it's no biggie.
    • I don't like that it's not as capable as other engines I use, primarily Unity, but what do you expect?

Though I don't plan on subbing right away, I might just to see how it progresses over the year. I won't ever use it for developing a large project because I'm a 3D animator by trade and thus need an engine that supports it. I do, however, think C3 has a future if it takes advantage and pushes web technologies further.

> Sorry Ashley if I misrepresented it but I was sure the first time I read that blog it said you were going to let C2 sunset?

>

Just to be clear to any users who may be worried about this, we are going to continue to maintain Construct 2 for the foreseeable future much as we have been doing over the past year, as we have repeatedly said in all our posts recently. Please ignore any statements to the contrary, especially if they don't link to the source, which is obviously really easy to do on the web.

I knew there was trouble brewing when he said you mentioned "sunset" in your post and then asked you if you edited it. I read that blog. Never saw "sunset" once.

Ashley Tom I guess one big question I have, since it's been brought up about C2 losing support and so on, is will plugins for C3 also work for C2 and will old plugins for C2 work for it when it goes to the option of using the C3 runtime like I read in the blog? I read the blog post that you guys were going to basically make C2 and C3 interchangeable in how they run their games, but I was still unclear on how plugins would work. Maybe you covered it and I'm just tired and need it spelled out in black and white.

Well well... people on the internet... thinking they can post about anything - even personally attacking people when they are not on the same side of a discussion.

> So Tom are you going to do anything about the members here trying to disrupt this thread ....what is going on.

>

Thank f**k for that.....

and I hate saying it cos you(Lamar) helped me in the past.... but dude ... what the hell man...

Well well... people on the internet... thinking they can post about anything - even personally attacking people when they are not on the same side of a discussion.

For anyone who missed the context, Lamar was back posting accusations that we're a scam company. Was willing to reconsider his ban at end of beta but not anymore. He's permanently banned now, account and IP address.

> To be honest Im just about finished with everything gamedev related, it's all just become so depressing.

>

To be honest Im just about finished with THE FORUM, it's all just become so depressing.

There, I fixed it for you.

Nah the forum isn't an issue. People need to express themselves, but they also need to listen to the other side.

The issue is feeling useless. Like you're starting over, and over.....

> Well well... people on the internet... thinking they can post about anything - even personally attacking people when they are not on the same side of a discussion.

>

For anyone who missed the context, Lamar was back posting accusations that we're a scam company. Was willing to reconsider his ban at end of beta but not anymore. He's permanently banned now, account and IP address.

Good move.

He was even sending PMs telling people (to me as well) to not subscribe because "because".

I guess one big question I have, since it's been brought up about C2 losing support

To be clear, Construct 2 is not losing support.

[quote:35zb2zfl]will plugins for C3 also work for C2

No.

[quote:35zb2zfl]will old plugins for C2 work for it when it goes to the option of using the C3 runtime like I read in the blog? I read the blog post that you guys were going to basically make C2 and C3 interchangeable in how they run their games, but I was still unclear on how plugins would work. Maybe you covered it and I'm just tired and need it spelled out in black and white.

Yes, we covered it here.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)