So What Is Your Second Impression of C3 And Will You Buy?

From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!

I will buy C3 the day it comes out. So excited for the release.

Please tell us how you will be using C3 if you will be subscribing and if you are a serious game designer, small time game designer, hobbyist, educator or using the engine for some other purpose?

Also please tell us if you are a long time C2 user or new to game design or switching from some other engine to a Sciirra engine?

Don't you think it's a little too early for this?

Honestly I tried C3 for like 2 minutes and have never revisited it since. Not that I hate it or anything. I'm completely neutral with it. It's just that it's not a tool I'd be using for a long time as it spews out .c3p files which I have no use for. As stated in previous posts I will be using C2 mainly and only consider C3 if they decide for some reason in the near future C3 becomes the ONLY way to export your game.

I will be having a second first impression probably during the Newgrounds-Scirra Jam which I'm very excited for but as of now I'm not using it.

Why bother using and revisiting it this early on if you don't like what you're seeing? It will probably be on C2's level in the near future but as of now it's doing nothing but affirming your initial dislike of the software every time you open it.

This is exactly like people seeing the trailer for a movie (like the Female Ghostbusters movie last year) not liking what they saw. But then they keep watching and re-watching it, breaking down the trailer, noticing every pixel of detail, take every ounce of dialogue into heart and building their own contexts of what each line may have meant and then not liking the trains of thought they've constructed. It's like what do you expect?

Honestly I tried C3 for like 2 minutes and have never revisited it since. Not that I hate it or anything. I'm completely neutral with it. It's just that it's not a tool I'd be using for a long time as it spews out .c3p files which I have no use for. As stated in previous posts I will be using C2 mainly and only consider C3 if they decide for some reason in the near future C3 becomes the ONLY way to export your game.

I will be having a second first impression probably during the Newgrounds-Scirra Jam which I'm very excited for but as of now I'm not using it.

Why bother using and revisiting it this early on if you don't like what you're seeing? It will probably be on C2's level in the near future but as of now it's doing nothing but affirming your initial dislike of the software every time you open it.

This is exactly like people seeing the trailer for a movie (like the Female Ghostbusters movie last year) not liking what they saw. But then they keep watching and re-watching it, breaking down the trailer, noticing every pixel of detail, take every ounce of dialogue into heart and building their own contexts of what each line may have meant and then not liking the trains of thought they've constructed. It's like what do you expect?

Please tell us how you will be using C3 if you will be subscribing and if you are a serious game designer, small time game designer, hobbyist, educator or using the engine for some other purpose?

Also please tell us if you are a long time C2 user or new to game design or switching from some other engine to a Sciirra engine?

I still need to test over my games, since i uses a lot of magic cam and scml plugins i havent tested mutch.

Nut if the exporters take me out from intel xdk, cocoon.io and a good exporter that will not have me headache for a good version of nwjs im in...

>

> This.

> The code was my biggest issue, but we still have to code to get your own plugs, which I thought was to be addressed in C3.

> I can't rely on plugs that aren't maintained, and/ or have to be redone for each new runtime.

> And official plugs provide just the basics, and yet they discourage anyone from modifying them.

>

Did you check the latest blog post?

* Modular event features, aimed at capabilities like building plugins out of events

Is this what you mean?

But yeah. We can't have everything right? I barely use 3rd party plugins... very sparsely. The only one I'm using at the moment is Photon Cloud for Multiplayer, and started to use Q3D, exploring the possibilities of making my game fully 3D instead.

Hopefully Scirra will have more time to build and maintain their own plugins building up a library. And I wouldn't even mind if they charged for some of them, if they took a lot of time/manpower to develop.

If I really needed a specific plugin in construct for e serious project and was stuck. I would got to elance.com and get a freelancer to do it, or do a paid request here on the forum, getting someone to do it for me. There's always ways if you really need something.

"* Modular event features, aimed at capabilities like building plugins out of events "

Yeah, and I have to wait, again, to maybe get it.

Meanwhile I have to invest anything I've made with them back into it.

To be honest Im just about finished with everything gamedev related, it's all just become so depressing.

Well it might be too early for you and I can understand that but some have probably already made up their mind and I think this is good feedback for Scirra as they move forward.

It also may answer the question of how many people will actually subscribe to C3 or just plan on using the free version.

I also am interested in the background of people making their decision and is C3 appealing more to serious designers or hobbyists or educators and are they C2 users or new to game design might help Scirra focus on that market.

So wait until the Jam and come on back when you have made up your mind.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

To be honest Im just about finished with everything gamedev related, it's all just become so depressing.

To be honest Im just about finished with THE FORUM, it's all just become so depressing.

There, I fixed it for you.

> Don't you think it's a little too early for this?

>

> Honestly I tried C3 for like 2 minutes and have never revisited it since. Not that I hate it or anything. I'm completely neutral with it. It's just that it's not a tool I'd be using for a long time as it spews out .c3p files which I have no use for. As stated in previous posts I will be using C2 mainly and only consider C3 if they decide for some reason in the near future C3 becomes the ONLY way to export your game.

>

> I will be having a second first impression probably during the Newgrounds-Scirra Jam which I'm very excited for but as of now I'm not using it.

>

> Why bother using and revisiting it this early on if you don't like what you're seeing? It will probably be on C2's level in the near future but as of now it's doing nothing but affirming your initial dislike of the software every time you open it.

>

> This is exactly like people seeing the trailer for a movie (like the Female Ghostbusters movie last year) not liking what they saw. But then they keep watching and re-watching it, breaking down the trailer, noticing every pixel of detail, take every ounce of dialogue into heart and building their own contexts of what each line may have meant and then not liking the trains of thought they've constructed. It's like what do you expect?

>

Bleenx did you want to respond to this thread?

I would appreciate hearing your opinions of C3 now that you have used it awhile and what your background is that you plan on using C3 for.

Here is your chance to tell us all about why you like C3 and will subscribe because it fits the perfect need for your use?

Lamar, I thought you were leaving because you thought we disrespected you? It seems relentlessly for the last several weeks there's been an endless reel of negativity and questions from you.

Have you considered that perhaps Construct 3 is not for you? If Construct 3 is not for you, maybe you should move on.

I plan to buy C3 for at least the first year. I am a hobbyist and would love to see some return on my invested time and money but for now I am having way too much fun building games in Construct to consider myself too 'serious'. I have used Construct 2 for about 2.5 years now and in that time I have participated in about 15 game jams solo or with friends doing art/sound/music as well as making countless prototypes and tiny games.

One of the biggest selling points for me is being able to work on the game from a number of different devices and locations easily being browser based and syncing with dropbox. I have started teaching my 6 year old some construct basics on a tablet with this since the touch screen is much more intuitive to younger kids than mouse/keyboard. The current touch controls are a little awkward and I have issues accidentally touching the back button and losing lots of work but I am confident improvements will be made and I will adjust to the controls over time.

I am skeptical of C3 being worth the subscription fee each year but I feel like I have more than got my money's worth from C2 so I will happily sub day 1.

> I will buy C3 the day it comes out. So excited for the release.

>

mammoth If he asks you for your social security number and home address, don't give it to him!

lamar You're out of control. The only reason you would want to know that information about someone is if you think they are too inexperienced to have that opinion, or if you plan to discredit them. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter. I remember you trying to do the same thing to me. If he likes C3 and wants to buy it, let him.

Lamar, I thought you were leaving because you thought we disrespected you? It seems relentlessly for the last several weeks there's been an endless reel of negativity and questions from you.

Have you considered that perhaps Construct 3 is not for you? If Construct 3 is not for you, maybe you should move on.

Tom I have not been negative at all but I am realistic and this post is not negative and is getting good response.

I have games on the arcade and I help the members asking questions and I have people working on graphics for my game and I am a licensed user that still will be using C2 occasionally and I expect to get my updates.

I am certainly not the only one that has expressed not liking C3 but it seems you don't want anyone to express anything negative about C3 or asking any tough questions.

> Lamar, I thought you were leaving because you thought we disrespected you? It seems relentlessly for the last several weeks there's been an endless reel of negativity and questions from you.

>

> Have you considered that perhaps Construct 3 is not for you? If Construct 3 is not for you, maybe you should move on.

>

Tom I have not been negative at all but I am realistic and this post is not negative and is getting good response.

I have games on the arcade and I help the members asking questions and I have people working on graphics for my game and I am a licensed user that still will be using C2 occasionally and I expect to get my updates.

I am certainly not the only one that has expressed not liking C3 but it seems you don't want anyone to express anything negative about C3 or asking any tough questions.

Sorry, but the endless reel of questions and frequent misrepresentations of what we say and do forces us to keep an eye on what you're posting and is starting to become a real drain on our time and resources.

We're fine with criticism, but your posts are coming off as purposefully aggravating, and attempting to whip up dissent and concern. At this point, I've just about had enough and we've shown you a lot of patience.

It's obvious Construct 3 is not something you're interested in. So, how about you move on and stop posting about it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)