Popup Menu Question

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • Hi Ashley / Tom / Construct Team

I have a question for you guys. I've looked around and tried using various techniques but can't get this to work properly.

I'm trying to make a a little popup which bounces in to the screen (elastic type effect). This is easy enough to do when you have a single graphic, however when I have YES/NO buttons attached to the popup, this gets very problematic.

Basically the only way I can think of is using the pin behavior, which really isn't suitable for this, as it doesn't change scale relative to the object it is pinned to.

I've talked about containers before, (not the type Construct has, but ones like in Phaser / Corona and other engines), and I think you guys are possibly working on this as a future addition. As it stands tho, this seems to be something that is impossible to achieve with Construct 3 (unless using some very complex workaround).

Thank you in advance for looking at my question :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It’s been quite a few days since I’ve posted this, so just gonna bump this topic and see if somebody from the Construct team notices :)

• Make it with events, you can do it ! It'S what the event system was made for !!! You have the power to code anything !!! Do it !!

• I mean is right here but I´ll just go ahead and give you a pointer in the right direction. Actually you sort of already know what to do.

Basically the only way I can think of is using the pin behavior, which really isn't suitable for this, as it doesn't change scale relative to the object it is pinned to.

The pin behavior roughly translates to "every tick set position/angle to other object" so with scale you just need to do the same thing. Obviously you have to find a bit of a formula to get the buttons into the right size but generally it´s really easy to do.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)