Petition to include built-in exporter/compiler in Construct3

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Angry Zombies - HTML5 Game (Construct 2 & Construct3)
  • So you have your exporter then.

Yes, the exporter is on their server. This requires a number of things from you and them to work:

• To have paid your yearly subscription
    • An internet connection to upload the project to scirra's server and download the resulting apk file (looks like xdk doesn't it) - depending on the size of your project this may have impact on compilation time
    • To be on a network that has not blocked access to their domain or appropriate ports
    • For their server to be online and not be overloaded by users or brought down by malicious parties such as the ones who have been attacking this forum with spambots

With these new factors, it could be less reliable, but in return you could get a single click export to apk

The problem is that the apk packaged game has a different performance from the game when you playtest it on localhost through the editor.

Tom will construct3 also be able to use construct2's current offline exporters for construct3 projects? All of them?

• Most other game engines support spitting out a native APK that is not bundled with a web browser

Construct 2 already supports this as well. Just target Android 5.0+, and it won't bundle Crosswalk, which is what increases the file size. It's only there for Android 4.x support, which is steadily shrinking.

• > Most other game engines support spitting out a native APK that is not bundled with a web browser

>

Construct 2 already supports this as well. Just target Android 5.0+, and it won't bundle Crosswalk, which is what increases the file size. It's only there for Android 4.x support, which is steadily shrinking.

That is worth adding to the FAQ, as some users on this forum see it as a disadvantage of the current exporter

• > Most other game engines support spitting out a native APK that is not bundled with a web browser

>

Oh that's good to know. If people just stopped making apps for that group, maybe they would finally update their outdated OS.

https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

Although they are still a pretty large chunk of people, but I guess it depends on which market/territory you're aiming at. I would like to think that at least for Europe and North America, the numbers would look very different. I think these published numbers are world wide. I doubt people using old phones/OS are not very much in to games... and probably not potential customers anyway.

• I guess S'mores will be a combination of versions?

• But crosswalk also serves for better performance, or am I wrong ?. I mean crosswalk is faster than webview, right?

• Crosswalk is faster... on Android 4.4.

On Android 5 and bigger it's not.

• Well fence, I always had the impression that my game runs faster with crosswalk on android 6 than with webview.

• The Mnk, It might. In general it will run faster on 5+ but there are always cases that don't fit the norm. That's why it's always a good idea to test every time if you're not already getting top notch performance.

• Both Crosswalk and the Android webview use the same browser engine - Chromium - so there's no reason they would be any different. The Android webview updates from the store on Android 5.0+ so it is more likely to be up-to-date.

• I'm not going to read this whole thread to reply to anyone. If people are still asking for official native export, they obviously don't have a whole lot of experience with native engines. The performance difference, if any, is hardly noticeable. You will have to optimize your game just as much either way. If you aren't going to go through the effort of analyzing the optimizations of other games, don't complain about performance, your problem is in your optimization and lack of effort to fix it.

• Jayjay, I would just like to call you insane for porting your game to Unity, but good luck with it, it looks cool. Lol

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Lol

?

• thanks for the well wishes! We'll have some more news on our game & our experience with porting from the C2 prototype to native soon (spoilers: it's good)

• The exporters are not built in though, they are on a server

That is actually the very opposite of what this petition thread is requesting.

I guess when people say "built in", they dont care about where the feature is (the cloud), what they really mean to desire is an exporter that was made specifically for construct - even if it was made with the same technology that they have been already using on their construct2's built-in exporters - only NOT built-in c3

The irony of what is requested, how the request is met and the community's reaction just amazes me

I guess in the end the whole point is to make the export process a one click effort

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)