Monthly Subscription?

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • Is there a Monthly Subscription for personal sub? or education only? For casual developer, I may use it only 3~4 months a year.

• Is there a Monthly Subscription for personal sub? or education only? For casual developer, I may use it only 3~4 months a year.

man 70$ for a fully featured tool is less than 4-5 months monthly subscription cost do you agree? and plus you have a complete tool at diposition!!! 70$ of C2 cost : 4/5 months is equal to 15$ of monthly subscription!!

• There is a monthly subscription. Check the stickied pricing post...

• The monthly subscription is for Educational use only.

• Ah, my mistake.

• Why not consider a monthly rate for personal users too? The two biggest complaints against subscriptions is that people are afraid to lose access to C3 if they can't afford the yearly subscription and they are afraid they'll lose access to their game files when they fail to renew their subscription.

A monthly rate addresses both of those concerns. Pay for the months you can afford and if you need access to your game files, pay for just that month to regain access to them. Currently, it's only $99 a year for a personal license, which amounts to about $8.25 a month. That's a really affordable price, but maybe some people might have a hard time coming up with $100 lump sum. Maybe boost that price up a little for the convenience of being able to unsubscribe at any time, and providing a little cushion to Scirra for the times those people aren't subscribed. Maybe $15 month?

I think one of the fears indie developers might have is that if they lose everything by some tragic act, and by not being able to afford to pay for C3, they will also lose any way to make any money back. This kind of solves that in a way that it's not too difficult to scrounge up $15 to regain access back for C3 and finish a game they've been working on. It works for Netflix and other subscription based companies. The reason Photoshop has a $10/month plan is because Adobe got a lot of love from it.

But then again... $99 a year is super cheap already.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I never got the impression that you would lose access to your project as your subscription expires, as there will be still be a free version available from my understanding. You might just lose the ability to export, although that is just a guess at this point. Having a monthly option would be nice though.

• I never got the impression that you would lose access to your project as your subscription expires, as there will be still be a free version available from my understanding. You might just lose the ability to export, although that is just a guess at this point. Having a monthly option would be nice though.

I don't know. I just heard it being mentioned. I assume if you were working on a game that surpasses the limitations of the free version, you wouldn't be able to do much with it.

• AFAIK the limitations of the free version have not been published yet, so we can just wait and see, and possibly be pleasantly surprised. Or complain all over again when there is something specific to complain about.

• AFAIK the limitations of the free version have not been published yet, so we can just wait and see, and possibly be pleasantly surprised. Or complain all over again when there is something specific to complain about.

I'm probably going to subscribe, at least for the first year, but I think you are right. We'll probably hear about it if people have issues with the free version.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)