Made a guide on fixing WebGl2 issue

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • Yes I have made a guide on how I work around the WebGl2 problem and posted it on my website.

Just as a warning, I'm a very bad webdesigner! Making webpages is painfully boring and I don't like it.

With that said, here's the link:

Ugly fix guide

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ...or just remove WebGL from a project, but this is a last solution... i my case it improved performance FPS and now project is free from random artefacts because of WebGL

• Oh snap I gotta try this out! Seems like this is the root to the black screen issue I'm having. Thanks for the guide!

• Posting just to thank, your suggestion to switch from '' webgl2 '' to 'webgl' worked perfectly for the problem I was experiencing from black screen with a galaxy s7, thank you.

Sorry for my English, Brazilian sweating !!

• It worked for me as well. Thanks a bunch!

• I've just tried this - when I try to upload my new zip file via the Export Manager I get the following error:

Unable to import file. Only cordova projects exported from C2 or C3 can be imported.

Any ideas? Do you think it's because I'm working on a Mac rather than a PC?

• I've just tried this - when I try to upload my new zip file via the Export Manager I get the following error:

Unable to import file. Only cordova projects exported from C2 or C3 can be imported.

Any ideas? Do you think it's because I'm working on a Mac rather than a PC?

Hmm it is possible that a mac makes zip files a bit differently I guess, I'll test it later on my Macbook Pro and post here to let you know how it goes. Gimme a couple of hours and check back :)

• Bootfit So I just tried it on my Macbook and it works perfectly fine. I did however manage to replicate the problem you described and it seems you made a mistake when you make the new zip file: Make sure you select the "www" folder, the "config.json" file and the "config.xml" file and use those to make the new zip. Do NOT zip the parent folder that contains the three items, that will cause the export manager to not recognize it as a C3 or C2 project.

Hope this helps! :)

• - just tried this and yes it works - good stuff - thanks for this.

One question though - when I reimport the zip then export as a signed .apk - rather than being named appname.signed.apk it appears as appname.multiple.apk

Any idea why this is or if it will make any difference down the road?

• - just tried this and yes it works - good stuff - thanks for this.

One question though - when I reimport the zip then export as a signed .apk - rather than being named appname.signed.apk it appears as appname.multiple.apk

Any idea why this is or if it will make any difference down the road?

Havent made a signed apk yet so I have no idea :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)