Looking for Cordova wrapped games on Google Play

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I feel your pain. As a paying customer, I feel frustrated. I have already spent an unbelievable length of time in creating my game, polishing and optimizing. And yet I feel that I'm wasting my time because I know that publishing a laggy game would be a disaster. The only reason why I'm sticking with C3 is because the game is still far from finished. I'm still hoping that C3's own APK build service would improve.

• Exactly.. and some warning should be out there. "this is beta.. don't expect to publish professional games for mobile yet before you pay to subscribe"

of course the catch 22 was you need to be a paid subscriber to test publishing (why i paid)

There is no refund policy (I learned recently) I'm just hoping they will offer at least an extension of the 1 year subscription seeing that we're paying for software that wasn't really ready to roll out for professional usage. I don't think most of use are paying for C3 with the expectation of not trying to make money off of our games..

• It looks like the movement is not compensating for dt / framerate.

• i agree with that.. its like it's rendering every frame (like not turning off Vertical Sync)

• Totally agree with you! I generally have another problem when exporting it is not possible to specify below 5.0 android. And I'm aiming at 4.2 because half of the users have 4.0-4.4 android. What I heard in the C3 documentation about this: change your api level when exporting in the config.xtml file; Well, I changed the version of api and at startup the black screen 4.2.2 android is shown. Such at us with you a pain ...

Most likely they do not fully check their shell: plug-ins, performance and other objects. Let's assume that plugin googleplayservices works in web / does not work on android. I suggest that they simply do not have enough personnel who are investigating these problems.

• In this case, I don't see a big reason to support 4.x based on this charge.. 5-7 make up the lion's share of devices and while 4.2 does have a nice chunk, i don't think it's enough to hold up the advantages of embracing 5 and higher. https://developer.android.com/about/das ... index.html

That said yes I agree they are working hard on things, but not giving this the attention it deserves. What's unfortunate is that it's probably not even that big of a fix to get this working right.

the question is if native browser can play game fine and the Cordova version not.. i find it hard to believe it's the drivers fault.

• Exactly.. and some warning should be out there. "this is beta.. don't expect to publish professional games for mobile yet before you pay to subscribe"

of course the catch 22 was you need to be a paid subscriber to test publishing (why i paid)

There is no refund policy (I learned recently) I'm just hoping they will offer at least an extension of the 1 year subscription seeing that we're paying for software that wasn't really ready to roll out for professional usage. I don't think most of use are paying for C3 with the expectation of not trying to make money off of our games..

I totally agree with you on this. Early subscribers were actually paying Scirra to test their software. At least offer the customers who have already paid for a license (during the beta period) another year extension as a thank you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • and look i don't really think there was anything crooked in mind here. I'm sure they will be fair to us but i also feel that it's important that we talk about this now rather than when it's time for renewal.. we should vote with our dollars..

I'll just go back to C2 and i would encourages others to do the same if they are experiencing trouble publishing. twelve months should be plenty of time to work out the kinks about publishing.

• I agree with you. I also want them to fix the problem more quickly with the loss of fps on some devices. Also I wanted to see a working plug-in for googleplay for android. Also they need to eliminate the device overheating, let's say my 8-core device also warms as in C2, the device's standard temperature should not exceed 30-35 degrees Celsius, and the device reaches 40-45 degrees Celsius. After all, I paid for the license C3 100 $, assuming that everything will work properly. But time goes by and the license is not infinite as in C2.

• I will say that I can report that my test builds on an iPhone 5s so far are performing better which is encouraging. I still think this question with Android needs addressing though, especially since soooo many construct developer are more android focused than iOS..

I'm ok with good iOS performance because I still frankly find iOS a better market.. i've never had more success with an android version of a game than iOS..

Testing with android would be a few steps easier (no xcode needed) but i can manage with that..

So yea be sure you're contacting support.. people make some noise. I know they read forum stuff, but it's easy to block this stuff out and overlook / ignore. but direct support requests will make sure they know.. if i'm the only one asking from the entire community of course it's going to get put aside for bigger issues they see from their view.

• As a potential subscriber to C3, I really hope they look at this & assist with resolving the issues you guys are having with mobile exports. There have been a number of topics raised relating to mobile performance & wrappers in general since C2, this was the reason I previously looked at alternative engines, but I come back to Construct as I find it more user friendly than the competition. I'd like to subscribe to C3 & support Scirra, but if users are still experiencing performance issues, then I personally can't justify paying for a yearly subscription when I can continue to use C2 in the mean time.

• troxx i'm with you on that.. that's how i feel too.. i started with game salad which was great as a first code-free engine and i made a lot of games with it.. but eventually it's sandbox walls were finally too small and i made to move on..

That's why I feel so strongly about the fixes that are needed for this product to be the absolutely best it can be and should be..

but yes my advise is save your money until they can deliver.. guys like myself who opted to take a chance on C3 will be able to tell you if you really NEED C3.. and i will tell you, it's better in a lot of ways.. the android compiling is really nice to be built in.. It has always been a weakness with C2 regarding publishing.. problematic, inconsistent and pretty much unsupported by Scirra itself.. "it should work, but don't come to us if it doesn't work"... not cool

so that alone is worth the price of admission.. i'm going to hold them to doing a similar process for iOS.. as it is you still have to use cordova external solution for iOS or xcode.. i went the xcode route and I will say that it went pretty smooth considering..

even with the browser based thing which i wasn't in love with isn't really a big deal and it really was a pretty smooth transition.

• I have already started looking at alternative engines and Unity looks very promising. The price for a mid-tier subscription is hefty, but you get what you pay for.

• I have already started looking at alternative engines and Unity looks very promising. The price for a mid-tier subscription is hefty, but you get what you pay for.

I tried to switch already 3 times to Unity but again I switch to C2 / C3 because Construct is so familiar in its design and functionality of 2D games.

• try multi media fusion if you want something similar to Construct. i kicked the tires before and it's similar and perhaps it's publishing pipeline is more refined? at the time though i didn't get pulled over for some reason i can't recall.. it might have just been the fairly high price tag i recall (like $200?) or something. Still i think they have a demo version you can play with.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)