IAP Favour, please!!!

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I've been trying to get IAP working on Construct 2 and PhoneGap for about 3 weeks now, and it doesn't seem like anything I do gets me anyway.

I heard that IAP works fine with a Construct 3 export, so I was hoping that someone could do me a favour.

Could someone with Construct 3 make a brand new capx (or one already in use, doesn't matter), add the iap object into it, then export via Cordova and upload here a bit of text from the exported config.xml and hopefully the config.json?

I know it's a big ask, and I have no idea if it'll help me at all. All I know is Construct 2 in combination with PhoneGap is currently broken, and there doesn't appear to be anyone who can or will fix it. Either that, or I'm missing something obvious.

The error code I get is: "Error - One of your plugins requires a parameter: BILLING_KEY"

and here are the plugins I'm using in my configs.

<plugin name="cc.fovea.cordova.purchase" />
    	<plugin name="com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling" />
    	<plugin name="cordova-custom-config" />
    	<plugin name="cordova-plugin-ad-admob" />
    	<plugin name="cordova-plugin-file" />
    	<plugin name="cordova-plugin-inappbrowser" />
    	<plugin name="cordova-plugin-statusbar" />
    	<plugin name="cordova-plugin-whitelist" />
    	<plugin name="cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine" />[/code:bb3kfxlu]

[code:bb3kfxlu]"plugins": [
    		{ "id": "cc.fovea.cordova.purchase", "version": null },
    		{ "id": "com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling", "version": null },
    		{ "id": "cordova-custom-config", "version": null },
    		{ "id": "cordova-plugin-ad-admob", "version": null },
    		{ "id": "cordova-plugin-file", "version": null },
    		{ "id": "cordova-plugin-inappbrowser", "version": null },
    		{ "id": "cordova-plugin-statusbar", "version": null },
    		{ "id": "cordova-plugin-whitelist", "version": null },
    		{ "id": "cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine", "version": null }[/code:bb3kfxlu]

Somewhere I appear to be missing a variable " <variable name="BILLING_KEY" value="YOUR_BILLING_KEY" />" which may very well slot into the purchase plugin at the top.

Like I said, a copy/paste of that code would be superb help. Hopefully...
  • Just as an update, I think I finally got this cracked...

I repositioned one of the plugins (cc.fovea.cordova.purchase) and got a new error code, telling me that the plugin "com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling" doesn't exist.

I looked into it a bit more and read a few notes that purchase and inappbilling seemed to do the same thing... so I went ahead and removed it.

I then updated the initial code to:

<plugin name="cc.fovea.cordova.purchase" > <param name="BILLING_KEY" value="YOUR KEY GOES HERE"/> </plugin>[/code:23t3yhxk]

I uploaded it to Google and it all worked. Tested it out, and it looks like the code's working fine.

So 

Ashley - I don't know if this might help you at all, and I honestly don't know if deleting that line of code will have any knock on effects elsewhere.[/p] [/p] In any case, hope I help someone out there

• "Your Key Goes Here"

What Key are you using? SHA-1 off google, a file name?

This sh** is waaaay more complicated than it ought to be.

Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Play.Google - Development tools - Services/API's - Licensing & in-app billing

Your license key for this application

Lord bless this is a mess, but that's the key to use

• Play.Google - Development tools - Services/API's - Licensing & in-app billing

Your license key for this application

Lord bless this is a mess, but that's the key to use

I stopped using PhoneGap in the end. It just isn't good enough. Use Cocoon instead.

• I probably shouldn't be this blunt, but...

After a couple years using C2, most of the programming steps are pretty simple. (at least they are easy enough to lookup in just a few minutes).

However, this is just my opinion, the process of publishing to Google or IOS is stupidly over-complex. Partly this is the compiler, partly google can be a pain (keys, lack of flexibility, etc.), but mostly so much old info is on the web it makes things confusing.

Once I get this walked though and right, I'll try and publish a tutorial (hopefully it will stay relevant for a few months).

• (hopefully it will stay relevant for a few months).

^THIS SOOOOO much this.

Man nightmares of the good ol' exportation days coming back to me now....

• >

> (hopefully it will stay relevant for a few months).

>

^THIS SOOOOO much this.

Man nightmares of the good ol' exportation days coming back to me now....

Ya me too, why does it have to be a nightmare though?? Why can't they just make it simple

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)