I am fairly upset right now. My project is corrupt?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • I opened up my project, made one change by adding a turret behavior to a turret. Saved via cloud and browser. Hit RUN to test it. It crashed, told me to save, then restart.

I restart and try to load the file, it says its not a valid c3p file, then try the one that saved to the cloud and it fails to open that one...I thought having two saves in two different locations would have been a decent way to make sure I never lose one as I never imagined Construct 3 would corrupt both save files.

I am really not sure what to do at this point besides start over. There is literally 100+ of hours of work that just went poof into corrupt land. I am beside myself...like just cant imagine having to start over again and this is my second time having to start over on the same project in Construct 3. Construct 3 should not be used for production in anyones case, ever, until its fully stable and ready. I think I have learned my lesson now though. Cancel Construct 3, and stick with Construct 2 I guess. I cannot believe this.

• I found a save file from August 4th. It won't open that one either, says to make sure it is a valid c3p file. Am I screwed here?

• Link to ScreenShot of one of the weird errors. http://imgur.com/gl3pZDp

• ...I am really not sure what to do at this point besides start over. There is literally 100+ of hours of work that just went poof into corrupt land. I am beside myself...like just cant imagine having to start over again and this is my second time having to start over on the same project in Construct 3. Construct 3 should not be used for production in anyones case, ever, until its fully stable and ready. I think I have learned my lesson now though. Cancel Construct 3, and stick with Construct 2 I guess. I cannot believe this.

Complaining about it on the forums won't get you anywhere and I mean this in a sincere way.

Report it as a bug (if possible) here: https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues

If you cannot report + attach a c3p for reproduction, just hit Scirra up with an Email (support@scirra.com) and I'm sure they'll look into it and try to help you out with this.

• NEVER have just one copy of any important project that you keep overwriting every time you save. If the editing software corrupts it somehow or you accidentally save over it or whatever, you can't go back. Every day you should zip your project completely and archive it with a date so you have a kind of "global undo stack" that spans the length of your project, so you can roll back a day if you need to.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • NEVER have just one copy of any important project that you keep overwriting every time you save. If the editing software corrupts it somehow or you accidentally save over it or whatever, you can't go back. Every day you should zip your project completely and archive it with a date so you have a kind of "global undo stack" that spans the length of your project, so you can roll back a day if you need to.

Dont forget to save a copy to a different drive!

• Construct 3 is beta software and it literally tells you to keep regular backups every time you start the software. The good thing about cloud save is often the cloud service keeps file histories, e.g. Dropbox can show you the last 30 days history for a file and allow you to restore older versions, so that might help. If that doesn't help, you can send us the .c3p file and we'll try to recover it, but without knowing how it happened in the first place it could happen again. It would be great if you could file a bug report with the steps to reproduce this.

FWIW, Construct 2 had similar issues at the same stage in its development.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)