GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • > In regards to the privacy policy url - does this mean we need to host our own url? And is there a standard privacy policy we can access or do we need to write our own?

I just have a generic Policy with a url link to a page on my website, with the Privacy policy and Terms & Conditions.

I republished one of my small apps yesterday, all seems to be working as it should, If you are in the eea and want to test it for me its here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.boatman, let me know if there are any problems with it.

cheers.

Just checked your privacy policy - in regards to the Children's Policy you say if you have any details you'll delete them from your servers. Do you actually have servers and are able to delete any stored info, or have you simply used a generic privacy policy and covered all your bases?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > > In regards to the privacy policy url - does this mean we need to host our own url? And is there a standard privacy policy we can access or do we need to write our own?

>

> I just have a generic Policy with a url link to a page on my website, with the Privacy policy and Terms & Conditions.

>

> I republished one of my small apps yesterday, all seems to be working as it should, If you are in the eea and want to test it for me its here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.boatman, let me know if there are any problems with it.

>

> cheers.

Just checked your privacy policy - in regards to the Children's Policy you say if you have any details you'll delete them from your servers. Do you actually have servers and are able to delete any stored info, or have you simply used a generic privacy policy and covered all your bases?

The only data that I keep are only high scores, which can only be identifiable by 3 characters and their score, so it's just generic like you say.

• OhhBaby As far as I'm aware no changes are required for IAP, Gamecenter or Play Games as the user will be covered by the agreement with Google/Apple etc. to user those services. If your storing receipt information for IAP you may need user consent/ privacy policy to cover that.

Unfortunately the C2 admob plugin uses the third party cordova-plugin-ad-admob component, which isn't maintained by us. As far I'm aware the plugin itself has been broken by the maintainer and they haven't looked at it for a long time. So I wouldn't hold up much hope of it being updated to include the user consent dialog.

If your using any third party plugins which involve the collection of user data by you or any party you may need to ask for user consent. You will need to talk to the developer of the plugin to decide what to do in these cases.

If you feel like you need to you can implement your own user consent screens, but I don't feel like I can offer accurate advise on what you must/should/could put onto those screens. You can likely find advise online about it.

• Nepeo

Weel, you updated Construct 3's Googleplay, IAP and Admob (now Mobile Advert) but why don't update C2's?

I'm not talking about totally GDPR, these C3's plugins using Construct's own Cordova library why C2 using 3rd party? Already updated for C3 but not C2.

Example C2's Admob plugin don't have Rewarded Ads feature. Other plugins too some features not available for C2.

Did you stop supporting C2?

Thanks for reply.

• Ashley has said many, many times already that C2 is now in 'maintenance' mode, which basically means no new updates, but still supported for bug fixing.

• Ashley has said many, many times already that C2 is now in 'maintenance' mode, which basically means no new updates, but still supported for bug fixing.

This is not understandable.

Unfortunately the C2 admob plugin uses the third party cordova-plugin-ad-admob component, which isn't maintained by us. As far I'm aware the plugin itself has been broken by the maintainer and they haven't looked at it for a long time. So I wouldn't hold up much hope of it being updated to include the user consent dialog.

You know it is broken, no maintained.

You making your own plugin and we need talk for this with 3rd persons. Nvm, I can make it with my own way. No need 3rd persons...

• androidpro well... I kinda listed it in the post. Those 7 steps are what the plugin does, so you don't need to implement them. But it's useful to be aware of them.

As a developer you need to:

1. change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers
    2. add a button to your game ( either in settings or the start page ) to show the user consent dialog ( action on the mobile advert plugin )
    3. add you publisher ID and privacy policy URL to your project ( properties of the mobile advert plugin )
    4. decide if you going to offer a paid ad free version of your game

The second one is important; while the user consent dialog is already shown to the user on first run you are required to allow your users to withdraw or modify their consent at a later date

I will update the manual with the required information when I can.

is there any way to show the user consent dialog for non UE user?

because iam from Indonesia (SEA) and the consent dialog never show if i called, and then the ads always failed when called.

it works if use Testing Mode

• it should just enable adverts if the device is outside the EEA. I'll look into it and the possibility of some more debugging tools.

• I just switched from c2 to c3 [thx to REX and Wastrel for plugins update to c3] This is a solution for all people who stucked in old <plugin name="cordova-plugin-ad-admob" />. Buy new C3 license suppor Scirra team and switch to <plugin name="construct-mobile-advert" /> i wasted 4 days to figuritout this. Finally i am in C3. [PLUS now i can use rewarded video feature].

• I think that the most important thing is to implment in C3 all rules from:

developers.google.com/admob/android/eu-consent

I hope that, Nepeo and others team members will find best solution for C3 users.

• Has anybody managed to get this working? Would someone be able to share an example c3p or screenshot?

• androidpro well... I kinda listed it in the post. Those 7 steps are what the plugin does, so you don't need to implement them. But it's useful to be aware of them.

As a developer you need to:

1. change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers
    2. add a button to your game ( either in settings or the start page ) to show the user consent dialog ( action on the mobile advert plugin )
    3. add you publisher ID and privacy policy URL to your project ( properties of the mobile advert plugin )
    4. decide if you going to offer a paid ad free version of your game

The second one is important; while the user consent dialog is already shown to the user on first run you are required to allow your users to withdraw or modify their consent at a later date

I will update the manual with the required information when I can.

from what i learn in comments this plugin ( mobile advert ) it not exist in construct 2. so for now its impossible to implement gdpr in construct 2 ? and thank you

• Yeah I'm not using Construct 2 but Construct 3. Has anyone managed to implement this in Construct 3 - If so could the post a screenshot of the event sheet?

• What about the iOS version? Is it going to be included in the r103?

• Any chance someone who�s managed to implement the new requirements and actions post a .c3p to show what it is they�ve done?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)