GDPR Mobile Advert (Admob) Compliance

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
You think you can guess the character’s name?! Then let’s see how smart you are!
  • How do you disable Admob ads the only option im seeing is to straight up destroy/erase the Ad Unit- Also in the last like 4 or 5 days i went from earning around 40 cents a day to nothing, im guessing this is product of this new GDPR rules?

Active users will get your app as a freebie, when you remove the ad unit, until they decide to upgrade to a newer compliant version.

Perhaps adding extra content to the newer version might get existing users to upgrade ?

• We're looking in a good state so far, I've got most of an Android implementation working. However, the consent SDK they have provided is lacking a few obvious features; like an "no thanks" option and localisation. But then this consent API has only been available 4 days.

Their dialog itself is rendered using html, so I've uploaded it here if anyone wants a look.

The "buy ad free" option is toggle-able in code

• We're looking in a good state so far, I've got most of an Android implementation working. However, the consent SDK they have provided is lacking a few obvious features; like an "no thanks" option and localisation. But then this consent API has only been available 4 days.

Their dialog itself is rendered using html, so I've uploaded it here if anyone wants a look.

The "buy ad free" option is toggle-able in code

Thanks for your speedy response.

Just one question, if a user decides to change or revoke consent, for example will there be. (on button/sprite etc touched) an action to call requestConsentInfoUpdate().

I know you will probably have this covered, just checking.

Cheers

• Yes I'll add an extra action for that.

I've extended the "configure" method to do the check if the user is outside the EU or has given consent. Then if the user hasn't given consent the form will be displayed.

Although I've realised we're not scheduled to do a release today, and this will require an update to the editor...

• Yes I'll add an extra action for that.

I've extended the "configure" method to do the check if the user is outside the EU or has given consent. Then if the user hasn't given consent the form will be displayed.

Although I've realised we're not scheduled to do a release today, and this will require an update to the editor...

Ok, no worries.

Will we be able to change the wording of the consentform.html file, to suit our requirements as stated in the docs?

Finally, It might be wise to set out how non eea devs can test their app, For example, the consent form fails to load if the user is not located in the EEA. It seems like you need to whitelist your testing device, then call setDebugGeography to set your preferred geography for testing purposes, might save some future bug filing.

Cheers again.

• Will this consent functionality be available on iOS or Android only?

• what about creating a dialog like the one posted by nepeo ? and create a 2 button . one for (yes) the user confirm that we can collecte data by serve relevant ads to him. and the other button (no). if he click yes the user enter in the game normally . if he click no the user redirect to the google privacy policy page then after a 6 to 10 seconds the app close itself . its a good idea? or we must add the google SDK ? and another question . they said that 25/05/2018 the update will take effect . so if we not update our applications . admob maybe will be in dangerous ? also what about people who publish hundreds of applications in many stores and using admob or adsense ? i think its impossible to update all these apps in short time period especially if the developer is individual .

• When are we getting the GDPR update?

• Hey everyone, got an update for you on this.

I'm sorry for the delay, this has required a bit more work than I expected. We should be publishing a beta release today that includes the user consent dialog. Unfortunately this is only for Android at the moment, I did want to also have an iOS version out today but I've been having trouble getting the iOS SDK to compile.

As the iOS component is part of the cordova plugin ( construct-mobile-advert ) I can publish new revisions of that outside of the C3 release cycle. Hopefully I will be able to get a working iOS version up over the next few days.

I feel like I should warn everyone that adverts are now more involved. In Construct you will now have to specify your application ID, publisher ID ( available on your admob settings page and looks like "pub-012134127862" ) as well as the URL to your applications privacy policy. Furthermore you will need to change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers ( this is a limitation of the Google consent dialog ).

Either on your games start page or settings page you need to add a button to display the user consent dialog, as it is a requirement that you allow your users to change or withdraw their consent.

You can find more information on the following pages:

Selecting ad technology providers

Google Mobile Ads Android SDK: Requesting user consent

When you app is launching the mobile advert plugin will do the following:

1. Check user consent status

2. If status is either "PERSONALISED" or "NON_PERSONALISED" enable ads and stop

3. Check if user is in the EEA

4. If the user is not in the EEA enable personalised ads and stop

5. Show the user consent dialog

6. If the user selects personalised or non personalised enable ads and stop

7. Otherwise keep ads disabled

• Hey everyone, got an update for you on this.

I'm sorry for the delay, this has required a bit more work than I expected. We should be publishing a beta release today that includes the user consent dialog. Unfortunately this is only for Android at the moment, I did want to also have an iOS version out today but I've been having trouble getting the iOS SDK to compile.

As the iOS component is part of the cordova plugin ( construct-mobile-advert ) I can publish new revisions of that outside of the C3 release cycle. Hopefully I will be able to get a working iOS version up over the next few days.

I feel like I should warn everyone that adverts are now more involved. In Construct you will now have to specify your application ID, publisher ID ( available on your admob settings page and looks like "pub-012134127862" ) as well as the URL to your applications privacy policy. Furthermore you will need to change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers ( this is a limitation of the Google consent dialog ).

Either on your games start page or settings page you need to add a button to display the user consent dialog, as it is a requirement that you allow your users to change or withdraw their consent.

You can find more information on the following pages:

Selecting ad technology providers

Google Mobile Ads Android SDK: Requesting user consent

When you app is launching the mobile advert plugin will do the following:

1. Check user consent status

2. If status is either "PERSONALISED" or "NON_PERSONALISED" enable ads and stop

3. Check if user is in the EEA

4. If the user is not in the EEA enable personalised ads and stop

5. Show the user consent dialog

6. If the user selects personalised or non personalised enable ads and stop

7. Otherwise keep ads disabled

hello and the problem is how to implement this in construct ? and thank you

• androidpro well... I kinda listed it in the post. Those 7 steps are what the plugin does, so you don't need to implement them. But it's useful to be aware of them.

As a developer you need to:

1. change your ad technology provider list from default to custom and select a maximum of 12 providers
    2. add a button to your game ( either in settings or the start page ) to show the user consent dialog ( action on the mobile advert plugin )
    3. add you publisher ID and privacy policy URL to your project ( properties of the mobile advert plugin )
    4. decide if you going to offer a paid ad free version of your game

The second one is important; while the user consent dialog is already shown to the user on first run you are required to allow your users to withdraw or modify their consent at a later date

I will update the manual with the required information when I can.

• In regards to the privacy policy url - does this mean we need to host our own url? And is there a standard privacy policy we can access or do we need to write our own?

• In regards to the privacy policy url - does this mean we need to host our own url? And is there a standard privacy policy we can access or do we need to write our own?

I just have a generic Policy with a url link to a page on my website, with the Privacy policy and Terms & Conditions.

I republished one of my small apps yesterday, all seems to be working as it should, If you are in the eea and want to test it for me its here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sizzgames.boatman, let me know if there are any problems with it.

cheers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't pretend to be an expert on the legal issues here. As far I'm aware it can be fairly generic, although I expect you will need to make some tweaks for your game. I believe when your publishing your game to the play store you need to include a privacy policy URL anyway for the listing, no idea if anyone checks that it's a real privacy policy though!

If you don't have a website to host it on I would recommend looking into github pages. It's free, uses https and is fairly easy to use provided you know how github works. By default you don't get a custom domain, but it's fine for hosting static files like this.

• I don't pretend to be an expert on the legal issues here. As far I'm aware it can be fairly generic, although I expect you will need to make some tweaks for your game. I believe when your publishing your game to the play store you need to include a privacy policy URL anyway for the listing, no idea if anyone checks that it's a real privacy policy though!

If you don't have a website to host it on I would recommend looking into github pages. It's free, uses https and is fairly easy to use provided you know how github works. By default you don't get a custom domain, but it's fine for hosting static files like this.

Do you planning update C2 plugins too?

GooglePlay, IAP and Ads plugins.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)