Future features to be announced

From the Asset Store
professionally animated characters with Brashmonkey Spriter !

I feel like Scirra is trolling the community.

Day 1: Subscription guys! Just wait tomorrow and we will have more info!

Day 2: The game looks pretty! Just wait tomorrow and we will have more info!

Day 3: Works on a mobile! Just wait next week and we will have more info!

So far there havent been any real announcements yet, so I am going to assume the next few weeks of announcements:

Week 2: Support in multiple languages guys! Oh but if you are in a developing country where the economy has tanked you have to pay us in US currency! But we thought really hard about it.

Week 3: Better editor plugin support guys! Look at all these cool plugins you can now make.

Week 4: Your c2 projects will always work in c3 guys!

Week 5: we chose a new text font for construct 3 guys!

Week 6: We have integrated the new Apple touch bar with Construct 3 guys!

Week 7: The play button has been increased by 20% to increase efficiency guys!

This dribble of information shows just how much contempt Scirra has, after all these years of complete silence we are supposed to be excited about a few pieces of information, that still don't explain why Construct 3 has become subscription only?

I wish I didn't keep coming back to read the articles, because they are clearly not going to say much for a long time.

TLDR: Scirria is pussyfooting around the subject with construct 3 so far. The less information I get, the more research I do into other game engines.

We're not releasing everything in one go, there's too much to digest.

The problem is you haven't released any information that has most people excited. As a construct 2 evangelist, I have been really really looking forward to Construct 3, yet there have been no features announced that keep me interested.

Before this I hadn't looked at any other game engines, a part from Unity, in years. Now I have been looking a lot at other game engines, because so far there is nothing demonstrates to me why I should stick with Scirra.

So far what you have released looks great, but there have been many other features people have been asking for years, I suggest you start with them next week.

We're not releasing everything in one go, there's too much to digest.

the problem is you don't digest anything

you just say little things and by doing this you dont respect your customers and more important you just hurt yourself , because now so many people are left because you didn't say everything in one go

learn from unity they say everything in one go and even say so many things which comes next (which they don't have it yet) and by doing that their customers stick to them

Week 6: We have integrated the new Apple touch bar with Construct 3 guys!

I thought the Apple touch bar was ridiculous until I tried it. It's very useful. It's the precursor to having a fully digital keyboard. Imagine of developers can label each shortcut on your keyboard, or animated them, or even turn your keyboard into a game? That's where we are heading.

As much as I want to get all the info for C3 right away, this information dribble that Scirra is purposely doing does keep me looking forward to the next bit of info as it gets released. Well played Scirra....well played...you silly ninnies. You got my attention...

Guys we are all waiting for new news about Construct 3 , so stop crying , they told us about the beta in April , and news each day so just wait

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet

the more patience they expect of the community the more people like myself are looking into different game engines.

Over two years of silence over the development of Construct 3 and still no solid features announced. I don't need patience Game maker 2 is out and Fusion 3 will be out soon.

I am not jumping ship yet, but I will be spending more time looking at what other game engines provide.

Guys we are all waiting for new news about Construct 3 , so stop crying , they told us about the beta in April , and news each day so just wait

I suggest you could ignore them since there is no point to discuss with them.

the more patience they expect of the community the more people like myself are looking into different game engines.

Over two years of silence over the development of Construct 3 and still no solid features announced. I don't need patience Game maker 2 is out and Fusion 3 will be out soon.

I am not jumping ship yet, but I will be spending more time looking at what other game engines provide.

Then go to another Game Engine , no one is holding you or any one else who wants to change , and in my case I already use unity in this moment for a project , and I have used and mastred both of GameMaker and Fusion and other engines , but C3 worth the waiting

> Guys we are all waiting for new news about Construct 3 , so stop crying , they told us about the beta in April , and news each day so just wait

>

>

>

I suggest you could ignore them since there is no point to discuss with them.

hhhhhh I can't :p I have the feeling , that I have to defend C3 :p :p :p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I don't see why you post anything, people like you are causing a huge rift in the community. The community needs to be brought together, making comments 'just leave' doesn't help anyone.

So your strategy and Scirra's strategy is divide and conquer? Get rid of over half the community and then be satisfied?

At least this is a great business case on what NOT to do. Just sad this has happened to my favourite game engine.

That one point that people like you keep crying for it is already a success in itself. Better than an empty quite forum that people went away without care. Just to see you here ranting about it makes C3 releases even more worth the wait.

For me its like a birthday party each time they release new info. Aww Scirra <3

It's better people who criticize with fundamentals and not the fanboys who defend anything without thinking

If you really want to improve, you get more listening to the critics than the fanboys

This thread is starting to get personal so am locking it. Please be civil to each other.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)